Author Topic: Two Stars  (Read 15826 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Two Stars
« on: April 10, 2013, 10:19:51 PM »
We have had some lovely meals over the last few years in San Stefanos - in fact I don't remember a bad one and am always interested in reading all the comments and recommendations from everyone. I wonder what people think of the Two Stars as I can't remember seeing any comments about it.  We always eat there two or three times and enjoyed our meals there and generally really popular. I know one of the people who ran it (think his name might be Theo?  not sure) had left last year and gone to Roda - but just wondered what others thought about it.  Could it be too close to the Silver Star on a Jerry James night? - ha ha - those are usually the nights we go so that we only have to pop next door.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Two Stars
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 10:27:28 PM »
We only went in there last year for breakfast(s) and what a superb breakfast, probably the best breakfast in the village (along with Tsaros) imo. Great friendly service too.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 10:35:40 PM »
I know it's all very personal, but I have to say that Two Star is the only place in the village that I have had a bad meal. I even went back on another night just in case they were having an off evening and had a second meal that was less than the standard of most meals in SS. I know it is always busy so lots of people must like it.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 12:44:37 AM »
It is always a busy place but we do try and eat there at least once each holiday. Service is usually excellent for a busy place as well
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline rae21

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 02:18:01 AM »
We must be weird because love 2Stars and find Little Prince very overrated but each to their own. In fact only down side to eating at 2Stars is the loud music from Little Prince's 37 spontaneous Greek dancing interludes every evening or am I just getting grumpy in my old age :-)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 02:23:33 AM »
I have always liked 2 Stars, I never feel awkward when dining there alone.  Also they introduced me to my new friend Tia (Maria) who keeps me company now and again at home  ;)

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 03:20:37 AM »
We like Two Stars the liver is delicious, and staff so friendly.Never had a bad meal all the years we have eaten there.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 09:32:25 AM »
Never tried two stars for a meal - it's on the list for this year!  Love liver.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 12:03:23 PM »
Got to agree with the liver - its great. We always eat there are a couple of times and think you get what you pay for in so far as its a little cheaper than other places and may not be as classy but we have never had a bad meal there.

Offline Dupnica

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
Never eaten at 2 Stars,the cacophony of noise coming from the nearby bars and restaurants always puts me off,not to mention the dust kicked up by the traffic going along the road.Prefer to eat my evening meal in the relative peace of the restaurants overlooking the sea namely Manthos Taverna, Waves, Fantasea or Beachcomber.Nothing better than sitting there with a nice glass of wine,watching the sun go down.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 09:13:00 AM »
One of the Partners and his wife left last year, so the meals went a bit up & down at times at 2 Stars
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 11:07:19 AM »
Hi Tony or any one wich partner left two stars the one who always did the bills or the head waiter'
Regards Harry

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 02:58:24 PM »
The smaller guy of the 2 who always took your orders.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
The Two Stars taverna is run by lovely people.  If you like breakfast then go there.  However, the main evening meals are just ok in my opinion.

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 11:45:20 PM »
Yes the smaller dark one apparently went to Roda - I think he went to either open a new taverna or take one over so the other chap told us last year and they had a new waiter. I suppose the evening meals aren't amazingly good but the people are lovely.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni