Author Topic: Missing site, 404 server down?  (Read 26837 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • arillas.com
Re: Missing site, 404 server down?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2013, 09:51:04 PM »
HElo everyone,
We are very sorry about this.
The company that hosts the website "has changed box and ip address of the server" .I had the same on my screen of a PC that runs permanetly conected.This the technical explanation of the problem that we recently had.
I emailed the hosting company and I got this reply two minutes later.
some times this is how internet works ...what can I say...

However,  the website server keeps a back up every 24 hours so if anyting happens there is no much to be lost.

Kalispera!

Dimitris

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7  Arillas
49081 Corfu
0030 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
San Stefanos Online Admin Team

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2013, 10:31:45 PM »
Many thanks Dimitris, I will be far more patient if this happens again!  cheers.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2013, 01:05:54 AM »
Usually the hosts will notify customers in advance so that the domain servers (global systems that turn human readable things like sanstefanos.co.uk into an actual IP address that looks like 195.234.5.167) can be updated. I don't think that was very good service.

Mind you, my business partner and buddy Dean could not access our website from Essex last week for 24 hours. I said I'd put a taste filter on.

To go off topic - I've had an anxious day. Dean spent nine hours in surgery today for a heart valve replacement. I'm massively relieved to say that he's now in Intensive Care and the surgeon says that it's been successful. These things do remind us that a few hours off-line is a mere irritation compared to the more significant issues of losing friends and loved ones before their time.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:20 AM »
Glad to hear your friend is doing OK Jimbo,of course this puts issues such as differing opinions on a holiday forum into a sharp  perspective. It's just human nature to have a moan and vent ones spleen from time to time, this forum provides a safe place to do this. I do feel forum members know what's really important in life and I'm sure we all wish your friend an uneventful and speedy recovery.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni