Author Topic: Payments by card  (Read 5629 times)

Offline mythos2

• View Profile
Payments by card
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:36:25 PM »
I know Corfu is mostly a cash country - but are there places in San Stefanos that take a card payment and does the local cash point work?  It's only in case of 'needs must' like paying for a gift or something but there's always the chance of wanting that special night out that sends me over budget. 

Gavlah1973

Re: Payments by card
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
There have been issues with the ATM's before but since the second one was installed they've been a lot better apparently

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 11:26:44 PM »
The new one by San Stefanos Travel seemed ok last year and was reliable.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 12:21:02 AM »
Most tavernas accept cards, the only one I know that doesn't is The Beachcomber, but remember, withdrawing cash from an ATM is likely to cost you dear due to high commission charges.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 12:23:25 AM by Waspman »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »
My First Direct Debit card charges 2% for cash withdrawals. .... minimum of £2 and a maximum of £5
I think pre loading a travel visa is the best way if you are planning to use an ATM.
The one we have got charges €1.50 per withdrawal. I'll probably get €200 a time out

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 03:17:21 PM »
There are 2 cash machines in San Stefanos, one next to the San Stefano Travel office outside the Crystal Daisy gift shop and the other outside the Thomas Bay Hotel. Both are re-filled regularly. With regards to paying for items by card, many establishments accept card payments, however its always better to ask first.
Kind regards
Cerys. 

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 03:28:17 PM »
travelex preloaded via Tesco worked great for us last time . if ever the resort atm wasn't working . short ride to avliotes or sidari always sorted the problem, now san stef travel have added the atm should be ok . guarantees the rate you loaded it at and no charge for purchases i.e taverna. shop etc. weren't that many that took it ,but as Cerys says many do now . happy holidays ...

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni