Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2013  (Read 139580 times)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2013
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
Hi Tonyco , can't disagree with your sentiments and overview re San Stef dining options, we are as the title suggests spoilt for choice. I don't for one minute feel this fun approach will influence trade or popularity, it's just a vehicle to praise and confirm high quality eateries. The same establishments seem to gather the most votes, it's intriguing to consider what creates these numbers, and hopefully raise some banter along the way?

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2013, 10:58:04 PM »
Hopefully it has all been a bit of fun. We should also remember that those contributing represent only a fraction of visitors to SS during a season. Everyone should make up their own mind.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2013, 11:24:50 AM »
Sellsy,

I think it's been a good idea and a good bit of fun.  I also have noticed places that I have never tried so it has been great to get the feedback.

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 28, 2013, 11:36:36 AM »
I think it's been interesting and opens your eyes to trying different places, we have never tried Olympia but would do now the world would be a funny place if we all liked the same things.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #94 on: March 28, 2013, 06:00:21 PM »
We totally missed Olympia last time but thanks to this thread we will deffo visit...... seems very popular!!! Is it situated in between Little Prince and Juice bar?

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 28, 2013, 07:10:06 PM »

Hi Gavlah1973
    You are correct    Its on the your left left side as you walk towards the Juice Bar from Little Prince  Usually a motor bike parked outside
Adventure before dementia

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 28, 2013, 11:33:48 PM »
We also missed Olympia last year. Sad to say that we were turned away from an empty restaurant without reason. There were 6 couples and 5 well behaved children in our party that evening. Needless to say we didn't attempt to eat there again and wont this year either. :(

*this is my only negative dining experience in 4 weeks in SS total.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 29, 2013, 01:55:18 AM »
Perhaps Vassilis could'nt cope with a large party !!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 29, 2013, 09:42:14 AM »
Perhaps Vassilis could'nt cope with a large party !!

I hope that was the reason.

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 29, 2013, 11:23:03 AM »

We also missed Olympia last year. Sad to say that we were turned away from an empty restaurant without reason. There were 6 couples and 5 well behaved children in our party that evening. Needless to say we didn't attempt to eat there again and wont this year either. :(

Thats what happened to us a few years ago, the restaurant was half full but we were turned away and not very politely! So we never went back nor will be go back. Also it is the only negative thing that has happened to us in San Stef.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2013, 06:47:47 PM »
 I have only eaten in Olympia once, and didnt enjoy.got the feeling we was in the way.thats the only place i have had a bad experience

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2013, 07:31:41 PM »
Never had any bad experiences at Olympia and always made to feel most welcome. Food is always very good as well :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2013, 07:43:39 PM »
Never had any bad experiences at Olympia and always made to feel most welcome. Food is always very good as well :)

Neither have I Jules, and have always had a very warm welcome from the 'Boys' and Pepina, as well as a great meal.  It's one of the places I feel comfortable in, as, being a solo traveller, I always dine alone  :(

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »
Think it depends on what mood Stelios is in !!!!

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2013, 11:29:55 PM »

Thats what happened to us a few years ago, the restaurant was half full but we were turned away and not very politely! So we never went back nor will be go back. Also it is the only negative thing that has happened to us in San Stef.

That's interesting Jaxbubbles. Did you also have children with you? I really got the impression that we were not welcome that particular evening because we had children with us.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni