Author Topic: Papadopoulos & Sons  (Read 10445 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Papadopoulos & Sons
« on: March 04, 2013, 08:50:14 PM »
I believe this is the right section on forum to post for all our Greco lovers, having been to Greece whether it just be Corfu. Agios (San) Stefanos or other areas of the island and our many others, this movie may interest you.  The link is http://www.cineworld.co.uk/whatson/6077 a poignant film of Greek times now and may remind you of friends and family you have met over the years.  The director Markos Markou from London and its shortly released in UK from April 5th  - a budget film with some very home truths if you're lucky enough to be in any UK major cities you may get to see it, it not it will be out on DVD no doubt soon.  I'm off to London end of March and will be viewing in Wood Green N22 early April plus I have tickets for the open discussion forum at the Hellenic Centre in London so am very excited.  If you love Greece and Greek family life this could be one of the quirky movies you may love !!!!

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Papadopoulos & Sons
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09:31 PM »
Can't wait!! Thanks Lesley :)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:28:52 AM »
I'm a bit annoyed. I've been working on a screenplay called "Mouzakitis and brothers and sisters and aunts and uncles and cousins and sons and daughters."

Never mind. I'll change the title to "Spiros." Guaranteed audience, release date December 12th.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:57:42 PM »
I'll check out Papadopoulos Lesley - is it in English - or - subtitles

Is that real Jimbo ?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:26 AM »
The director is connected with me on Linked In. Self-funded project. Hope he does well.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 01:35:53 PM »
Tony - sorry just saw your post.  Yes its in English its a self funded movie which will be screened for 1 week only from April 5th I have link on my Facebook page.  Cineworld selected cinemas.  There is a Q&A session at the Hellenic Centre in London a Q&A on 3rd April.
The director is Markos Marcou and they have a facebook page for more info which is the films name Papadopoulos & Sons.
It was shown here in Greece but only in Thessaloniki and Athens so fortunately I am back in London when its on so will be going off to the screening at Wood Green London N22 to see.
Having seen some trailers - looking forward to it.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 02:40:02 AM »
It's getting reviews online and I suspect it will be out on DVD hopefully....

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 05:20:12 PM »
Just a reminder that the film is available to book on line from 5pm today 2nd April and is showing for 1 week only at selected Cineworld cinemas from April 5th.  I have been busy handing out and posting leaflets and flyers around my local area. Link for tickets being www.cineworld.co.uk or call 0871 200 2000.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
Tony - went to a preview of the making of last evening at the Hellenic Centre in London and for yours and others info it is also now available on pre order on Amazon for those who can't make the film screening as its only in limited cinemas for 1 week and what a lovely evening it was.....

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 12:27:26 AM »
I'll Order it... Thanks...

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 04:21:04 PM »
Latest Tweet I got due to the popularity Cineworld are extending dates and looking at more areas to show so from the initial 1 week only it is now on longer.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni