Author Topic: London to Athens flight question  (Read 4467 times)

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
London to Athens flight question
« on: February 21, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »
Hiya,

Has anyone ever done Gatwick to Athens with Easyjet in August??  And if so, what was the cheapest price you found throughout the year?  I'm starting to think about next summer (already!!) and thought I'd watch easyjet prices this year so I know when is best to book.  At the moment they're £554 with two bags for me and my daughter but I've no idea if this is high or low!

I'm looking to go to one of the smaller Cyclades islands (Amorgos being the current favourite) so if anyone has got a better way of getting there other than flying to Athens first then a ferry, I'd be grateful for any info!

Thanks guys :)
Georgie

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: London to Athens flight question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 04:57:44 AM »
That sounds a touch high for two!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:22:44 PM »
I would agree with Tony and as it is for travel 2014 believe once the airlines launch schedules for 2014 you should get a better deal. Also think about other airlines (either do a search on Skyscanner) or try B.A and the tour operators whom also fly seat only into Athens.

a google search of the island Amorgos brings up an informative and interesting website the ferry crossing being 7.5 hrs from Piraeus, remember you will need to get from airport easy enough on one of the airport express buses to the port.  This website gives all such information.

If you don't have it, it is http://www.amorgos-island-mazagine.com but as far as flights I am sure you will get something a lot cheaper once flights are launched.

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:36:28 PM »
Thanks so much Lesley, that's great info :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni