Author Topic: Ferry to Diapontia islands?  (Read 12794 times)

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Ferry to Diapontia islands?
« on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:56 PM »
Is there a ferry that runs from Ag Stefanos to any of the Diapontia islands?

I know that San Stef travel run a trip or two to the islsnds but what im really looking to do is take a ferry and spend a day on a quiet beach (preferably good for snorkelling and with a nearby taverna). Any help appreciated.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Ferry to Diapontia islands?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 05:28:05 PM »
The Boat-trip we did to Ericusa last year also doubled up as a ferry, mainly from Sidari - the first stop - it filled with locals on a one-way trip and some cargo.
I think that the same would apply to other trips as well, certainly to Orthoni as the same happened.
I don't know of any actual ferry, but the trips allow a number of hours to do your own thing.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 05:50:04 PM »
Thanks Tony, I suspected that may be the case.

How long in total are you actually out at sea on the islands trip? Don't want to be at sea all day with a youngster in tow.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:48:55 PM by D@G »

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:55 AM »
Hi D@G. You get more time on the islands when you take the organised excursions through San Stefano Travel compared to traveling on Pegasus, the local cargo boat as the boat only acts as a ferry to Mathraki, Othoni and Ericusa delivering goods and people and then returning to San Stefanos. With the organised tourist excursion the whole trip is devised to give you as much time possible on each of the islands. On the Mathraki and Othoni trip you have 1 hour in Mathraki followed by a 30 minute swim stop at Aspri Amos, a hidden bay on the island of Othoni followed by 3 hours in Othoni. On the Ericusa trip you have 4 hours on the island. You can find details and pictures of all San Stefano Travels boat trips on their website, link provided below. If you need any further information feel free to ask. 
http://san-stefano.gr/trips_boat.phpK
Kind regards
Cerys

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 02:34:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply Cerys. I didn't realise there was a trip that just dropped off at Ericoussa. I thought all the trips went to atleast 2 islands. It seems the Ericoussa only trip will be the one for us.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2013, 11:42:40 AM »
 Hi D@G 

If you plan your trip well you could stay over for the night.Take the trip over on the saturday and return on the sunday, i have done it a couple of times.There is a nice hotel there www.hotelerikousa.gr   Just ask in SS travel and they will make a call for you.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2013, 02:22:27 PM »
Thanks for that Rilo. I had looked at that hotels website but I don't think it will be open when we are there (late may)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 02:21:19 AM »
There are other hotels there  - ask San Stef Travel - usually one is open - we did Ericusa last year - loved it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni