Author Topic: Lake Korrison/Halikounas beach.  (Read 13172 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Lake Korrison/Halikounas beach.
« on: January 04, 2013, 04:06:47 PM »
I have just been looking at places for us to visit in Corfu and came accross photo's of Korrison lake and the nearby beach of Halikounas, it looks really stunning, has anybody been there and if so are there taverna's nearby for a spot of lunch? I have located it on the map so I know where it is, we once made it to Pelekas on a quad bike but this time we are going to hire a car and make the most of our three weeks. Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Lake Korrison/Halikounas beach.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 05:30:39 PM »
 Hi.
 Have beeen to lake korrison a couple of times, its a very nice place.Last time i was there you could buy drinks and ice creams from a small shack, nothing else there.on the approach to the lake you will find a couple of places to eat, assuming they are still operating.It can be very hot as there is no shade at all so take some sort of umbrella.We usually take a picnic.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 06:11:42 PM »
Thanks for the info Rilo57, much apprieciated, we just thought that this time we would visit some places that we have not been to on our previous visits, old Perthia looks interesting too so will definetly go for lunch there, thanks for the suggestion regarding sun umbrella's and yes a picnic is also a very good idea. If you have any more suggestions on where to visit then please let me know. Thanks once again.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 06:34:18 PM »
You could incorporate Marathias Beach and there are places there for tavern style lunches or alterantively on the way back visit one of the island villages such as Gastouri and have a cafeneion style late lunch then there is Benitses along the front or on the pararrel back streets and I would also stop just oppoiste Mouse Island Pontikonisi for a fab icecream to break up your journey before heading North again

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
 was going to mention Pelekas, take a walk up to the Kaisers lookout and see the wonderfull views over the island.
Dont know how your budget is but we used to take an overnight bag with us, take our time going south, all the small roads and see some realy quaint places.If we found a place that was special we would take a room for the night.Just ask in a taverna if you dont see any signes, there is sure to be a room available.Take a look first, then agree on a price.dont be affraid to say  no if its too much.By staying over for a night your not covering the same ground each day.Would say the west coast is the best, once your on the west side you hit the big coast road, not as nice to drive.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 09:16:43 PM »
Thanks Lesley and Rilo, I will look into your very  helpful suggestions. I enjoy the planning part of an holiday especially on these dark winter nights, we have travelled around Corfu quite alot but there are still lots of places/resorts that we have yet to visit. Thank you both, much apprieciated.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:38:25 PM »
Get to Kavos Lilly!!!!

Big fish little fish cardboard box

Woop Woop

Can I get a rewind!!!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:49:49 PM »
Ha ha Gav, I can just imagine big J dancing in Kavos, he wants to know when he can have his green thong back, ;D ;D he's willing to pay the postage, ha ha, think we will give Kavos a miss, don't want big J being mobbed by the clubbers, his ticker is not what it use to be.
Thanks for the lovely message, have sent you one back. Hope Pam and McKenzie are both ok.  :) :)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 12:58:28 PM »
I know Kavos might not be everyone 'cup of tea' but actually the south of the island is beautiful, the largest village being Lefkimi is certainly worth a visit and has some beautiful, quaint cafeneions on the river.  Then if you head on the coast road you can drive to Boukari via Petriti a fishing village with harbour. The overnight stop is a good idea as there are many island villages and also coastal places to visit in the south.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 03:00:13 AM »
Is that Gavos from Kavos - yes - for sure!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:39 PM »
Going in my mankini in June. Lets ave it!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 07:08:40 AM »
I'm sure all the girls (and maybe a few guys), will love to see the pictures....... LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 12:45:35 PM »
Don't you worry Tony. Now I've learnt how to post pics on here within threads fully intend to post a pic a day on here when Im in San Stefanos in June

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni