Author Topic: FAO Lilly or anyone!!! Info on Tsaros required!!  (Read 14169 times)

Gavlah1973

FAO Lilly or anyone!!! Info on Tsaros required!!
« on: December 29, 2012, 03:17:34 PM »
Hi all

seasons greetings!!

Looking to return to San Stef next year but will now be on a budget as we will have a 2year old with us!!!

I'm after info on the Tsaros if poss. Location, snack bar, rooms etc.

Thomsons showing a 2 bed apartment available. Works out around a grand for 2 weeks for the 3 of us.

Any info gratefully accepted!!!

gav

Offline middy

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: FAO Lilly or anyone!!! Info on Tsaros required!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »
Hi Gavin.
         Don't think you'll be disappointed with the Tsaros. Stayed there last year in 2 bedroom apartment. Overall the best we have stayed in, spacious and spotlessly clean.
          Thannassis and his family are lovely, friendly, helpful and laid back. The full english breakfast
is the best in the village. Pool area and gardens well maintained.
            The hill wasn't a problem. First 50 yds. steep but then levelling out. If you need more details pm me if you like.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 05:40:51 PM »
Hi Gav,

Thanks for your message :). Feeling much better now.

We actually stayed in the studio's which are just accross the way from the 2 beds apartments. The 2 beds apartments are obviously more spacious than the studio's and all with a view, you are basically up the hill near to the headland and close to Akrotiri bar that's the one that is lit up at night and not far past the Akrotiri is the Gravia taverna which is well worth a visit, great food, friendly owners and brilliant views.
If you walk past the little prince until you come to Olympia taverna  then carry on to the juice bar and the Tsaros are just up the hill behind the juice bar, the hill is steep but short, only takes a couple of minutes unlike the hill up to the Romanza. There is a pool bar serving very tasty breakfasts/ lunches/daytime snacks and all at very reasonable prices plus the supermarket is just at the bottom of the hill if you are thinking of doing a bit of cooking in the apartment, , they don't serve food of an evening but they will order for you from one of the taverna's. There are safes and air conditioning for hire. There is a swing and slide for the little one near the studio's.
The family are very friendly and helpful, you will love it there, I think the price is very good. The pool is gorgeous and kept so clean by Nikos and Thannasis who runs the bar of an evening is a great guy.
They do have a website which show the studio's/apartments along with more info.
If you need any more help then let me know.
All the best for a brilliant New year, say hello to Pam and MacKenzie for me, John says hello also.
PS Because you are near the headland it makes the walk to Arillas much shorter and you will pass two lovely taverna's as mentioned above on the way to Arillas.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 06:15:18 PM by lilly »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 07:20:33 PM »
Thanks both!!!! The finger is poised over the book button!!!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 07:38:17 PM »
Thanks both!!!! The finger is poised over the book button!!!

Go on Gav just press the button, go for it!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 07:42:48 PM »
When do you go?

Need to return that green posing pouch John lent me for the beach (dont worry it's been washed....... twice!)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:20:50 PM »
When do you go?

Need to return that green posing pouch John lent me for the beach (dont worry it's been washed....... twice!)

Hi gav, we are going for 3 weeks, 3rd June to 24th June so might not get to see you if you are definetly going end of June, would love to meet MacKenzie. Don't worry about the green posing pouch though, John has informed me that he intends to spend his time on the right hand side of the beach this year (cough,cough) and is just going to let it all hang out, he has booked himself in for a wax a few days before we go and has already been on gooogle earth to pick out his rock.  Ha ha.

I meant to say earlier that the Tsaros apartments are the best that we have stayed in in terms of space and a brilliant bathroom.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2012, 02:11:10 PM »
LOL!!!!!

well, guess what?

We've booked it!!!

Unfortunately we'll miss you Lilly. We actually fly out on 24th June!!! That was the cheapest weekend throughout June for some reason!!

Considering we were originally looking at the Romanza which was coming out at circa £1400 we managed to get the Tsaros for £950 for the 3 of us!!!
This is for one of the two bed apartments

Cannot wait now. Bring it on!!!! I'm already salivating at the thought of that food!!!!

Gavlah1973

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2012, 03:31:24 PM »
Also just realised for some reason our Thomson flight has been sub contracted to Jet2??

This happened to anyone else before?

Wonder where it leaves us with pre booking seats etc. Dont think there was the option when we booked?

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2012, 03:38:10 PM »
Hi Gav,

Wow that is brilliant and you got a great price too, sorry we will not get to see you all this year. You will really love the Tsaros apartments and the pool bar.
Speaking of food as you know things will be a little difficult for me this year but I can get a card in Greek explaining my illness so hopefully it should be ok. We are counting down the days already and will try to visit some places in Corfu that we have not been to before, old Perthia village looks a great place to visit, I think this time that we will hire a car instead of quad bike, i don't think that there is much difference in the price anyway.
Only just over five months to go now. We need new suitcases this years so thinking of buying some of the light weight ones so big John can pack more thongs, he said he will tie a pair of yellow ones to the old oak tree near the Tsaros so when you arrive they will be there waiting for you, ha ha.

My friend uses jet 2 quite alot and you can book your seats, I think the best thing to do is give Thomsons a ring and see how you go about it.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 03:49:58 PM by lilly »

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2012, 05:35:34 PM »
Hi love

It may be a good idea to email the girls at San Stef travel to see if they can see which Tavernas in the village could cater for you!!!

Gutted we'll miss you. I think Don is there at the same time. Do you remember the other year trying to suss out who was Tony?!?!

Does look lovely at the Tsaros. I really cant wait. Two weeks of playing with McKenzie in the pool and on the beach...... and all that lovely food. Cant wait for the first reports of the resort to start coming in!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »
Hi Gavlah - you need to ask Gazza Shoesmith - he's going there as well - and he has a 2 year old - and your room by the sounds of it!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2012, 07:10:00 PM »
Scoundrel!!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 06:47:44 PM »
Funny that - so many say so!!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 07:17:21 PM »
Another thought....... anyone know what the WiFi situation is at Tsaros? Can you pick anything up in apartments or even pool bar?!

Cheers

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni