Author Topic: Prices  (Read 7363 times)

Offline LoveCorfu

• View Profile
Prices
« on: December 01, 2012, 01:41:35 AM »
Hi all  :)
I'm Agnieszka (it's difficult to pronounce). Sorry for my english - I use very simple words  and surely make many mistakes ::)
I hope to be in San Stefanos next year, if nothing wrong happens. Last week we bought the trip to Corfu and we will be living at Mikelis.
First of all I have to say I love Corfu and my husband feels the same. We have been on Corfu two times so far - in Dassia. Next year we will come with our tree years old son, who was conceived exactly on Corfu  ::)  We believe that Corfu is our place on the Earth, wherever we will go  ;D
We have fantastic memories of generous Greek people, beautiful whether and heavenly taste of food (we ate Greek food in tavernas, like: moussaka, pastitsada, sofrito, stifado, souvlaki, sea food etc.). We read the we know we will find this in San Stefanos too.
Anyway, now we are planning our budget for the trip. Could you please tell me average cost of meals in tavernas (especially for meals mentioned above), pita gyros and others in supermarkets like: bread, testis, jam jar, mineral water, beer, kumquat liqueur  :-*, watermelon and of course fabulous? I would be thankfull  :)

Offline H A S

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Prices
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:31:18 PM »
Hi if you go to the section were to eat out in San Stefanos there are some good things in there of were to eat and the cost.
Regards Harry

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 10:28:21 PM »

Hi lovecorfu (hope this is not Jimbo winding us up).

You will love San Stef.  The restaurants and tavernas are very good.  Too many to mention.  The meals will cost approximately £15 per adult with drinks.  There are also "special menus" that most tavernas do.  These meals are about £8 for two courses.  There are excellent "giros" places that you can dine in.  The house wine is inexpensive and rather good.

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:27:07 AM »
Please don't go in any restaurant and ask to eat testis or you may find yourself in trouble :)

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 11:40:41 AM »
Please don't go in any restaurant and ask to eat testis or you may find yourself in trouble :)

It is, or should I say they, are available, although I've near seen them on any menu, they seem to be kept under cover. Ask for Spaghetti Paparia, the staff will be very impressed and you'll see a large grin develope upon their face, and they may ask you what size you would like.

I know this thanks to my mischievous friend Dimitris at Fedra Mare, thank you again Dimitri.

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
Meatballs?? Allus thought they were keftedes?
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »
OMG I thought it was a language error and meant to say toast lol! I feel sick now! :)

Offline LoveCorfu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:28 PM »
Anyway, thanks for your replies  ;D
I read all your post written in 2012 and 2011 about eating out; there really are many information I need. But  didn't find the prices at local bakery. Could you give me some, please?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni