Author Topic: DIY or Thompsons?  (Read 6339 times)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
DIY or Thompsons?
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
I have done both!  I used Thompsons for my first few visits to SS, but I can't now, as they won't let me!  being a retired ADULT I thought it would be good to go back to the Thomas Bay Hotel, or try the Athina or anywhere else, but....... Thompsons in their 'wisdom'  have decided that single people are not welcome in their establishments.  >:( Even paying a single supplement is not an option.  I think it's the same with the other package companies, nothing seems to be on offer for a lone traveller, and it's for that reason that i love to go to SS 'cos I feel so safe and welcomed by the people I have got to know over the years.

So now, if I want to go back I will have to do DIY.  It's not a problem, but can be so much more costly as just the taxi transfers add an extra £100 + to the cost of the accommodation and flight  :(

I WILL do it, honest  :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: DIY or Thompsons?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:50:11 AM »
Maybe to help a  bit a taxi or minibus share to resort if you ask on here
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:02:53 AM »
Noula also arranges transfers....

Thomsons should be ashamed of this policy...

Going independently is much better actually..... just shop around for a cheap flight, you will always find a place to stay.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:20:50 AM »
I know Noula arranges transfers, but that was the taxi fare I mentioned and that was for 2008.San Stefanos used to be a cheap (but lovely) place to travel to, but I guess it's a sign of the times that all prices have increased, and my buying power has decreased now I'm a pensioner :P

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 10:50:23 AM »
Bee, once you get your flights arranged post on here, Trip Advisor and the Arillas forum and get a taxi share, Noula if she has guests on same flight will do this with taxi/minibus or you can post on the others I mentioned and arrange together.  Also some friends of mine this summer used the Shuttle bus service now available on line. It can take longer as they stop on route but the price is good.

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:33:12 PM »
Thank you Lesley, I will certainly look into all those options once I have my accommodation and flight booked :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni