Author Topic: Having withdrawal symptoms!  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
  • My name is Bee and I am a San Stefanos addict
    • View Profile
Having withdrawal symptoms!
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
I really must get back to San Stefanos as I'm having serious withdrawal symptoms.  My last visit was in October 2008 and I stayed with a friend at the Thomas Bay Hotel.  Having retired now and had two major holidays, one to Australia and the other to Texas, I feel the pull of SS once again.

I am a repeat offender, as I have been to the resort twice a year since about 1983  :P  I love it, and, as I'm a lone lady traveller I have always felt so safe as I got to know so many of the locals, Brits and Corfiots alike :)

In 1997 I let my home, sold my car, quit my job and moved over to San Stefanos for a year.  I stayed in Spiradoula Villa on the harbour road (hence my help request about the villa) and settled into a lovely life.  It is so easy to live there and make friends and I miss it so much.  I hope to be able to go back in 2013, but Thompsons don't want singles and I need accommodation on the level not too far from the beach as I'm not as mobile as I used to be.  Being a pensioner I am on limited funds, but I am determined to find somewhere to stay that I can afford :D

Kalispera to you all
Bee x

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Having withdrawal symptoms!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:25:37 AM »
Bee - you obviously know the old village. You might want to think about contacting Spiros at Nafsika, who has some private rooms.

Having spent six weeks there this year, I can safely say that it would be a great place for singles to stay because it does become a friendly little community, and it's about as close to the beach as you can get apart from Margaritas. We made lots of friends this year - including some singles - many of whom had been back time after time.

Just a thought.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:42:42 AM »
Bee, we have also been going since 1983 as well, our first visit there (and every year since).
You look very familiar, even though we have all changed over the years, we are sure we have seen you there.
Forget Thomson's, and go independently, via Easy Jet or one of the others.
Lots of places to stay there that welcome singles.
Get a quote from all airlines for both a return trip, and also two separate single journeys.
Thomson's are known for having cheaper (two  x single) flights, than a return for example,
There are lots of studio apartments around the older area, that would suit you if you can't book your first choice.
(By the way, they were still being rented out this July), Jimbo's idea is sound as well.
If you need any assistance a few of us including Lesley (who lives there), can put you in touch with various options.
Tony & Linda
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 02:47:30 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:49:26 AM »
Hi Bee - Have you looked at the Anatoli (KaminiBar) next door to the Nafsika. have ground floor apartments and very reaonsable, great location with lovely sea view.

http://www.anatoliapartments.com/

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 11:02:56 AM »
Thanks guys for your replies and I will take it all on board.  I'm not so bothered about the flight prices, it's mainly the accommodation as I would like to stay for two weeks.

Tony:  I have sent you a private message ;)  and I will contact Lesley re Spiradoula Villas.

Oh by the way - Kalimera! :)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
Theodosia apartments would also be great for you Bee. I book them through Noula and have stayed there for the last few years, usually alone. They are just between the paper shop and Olympia so are good for both the old village and "the strip".

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 12:43:14 AM »
We also stayed there - (Theodosia), lovely, you would like them as an option, also you can contact Kostas (Nikos son), in the Golden Beach - he has nice studio apartments above the old harbour,
or there are Christina Apts. and Fedre Mare, (Dimitris and Christina, Manthos "Children"), both good options - - - if you are interested - let me know I will send you the contact details.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 11:24:38 AM »
It looks to me that Theodosia is slightly elevated and I can't do slopes or stairs very well.  That also put's out  Golden Beach as I think it's further up the harbour road.  I have painful arthritis in both knees which makes even walking on the flat quite difficult....but.....I WILL find something suitable! :P

Thanks for all you help  :D

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 01:02:15 PM »
It looks to me that Theodosia is slightly elevated and I can't do slopes or stairs very well.  That also put's out  Golden Beach as I think it's further up the harbour road.  I have painful arthritis in both knees which makes even walking on the flat quite difficult....but.....I WILL find something suitable! :P

Thanks for all you help  :D

Try The Romanza, and hire a quad bike!!

Offline Bee

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 03:21:11 PM »
Thanks Waspman, I can see you have a great sense of humour :P

I have never stayed at Romanza even when I was young and fit, only because of it's position.  I know the place is lovely and with fabulous views but the hill was always too much for me ;)  I like to be in the hub of the village as it's easier to get to see all the wonderful friends I have made over the years :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni