Author Topic: Advice  (Read 29672 times)

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
Re: Advice
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
Hi again,
           If you email Kevin at Grey Cat he will answer all your questions.

I am not sure about pools as we tend to stay in small studio/apartment blocks  Mastahari  has a big sandy beach..

annie

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 09:18:54 PM »
It is very Greek - and wonderful - great company that sells it - just looked at next years specials - very, very competetive prices per couple! 

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »
Yes in fairness I forgot Mastahari but this is an ideal place as transfer time so close for airport but still far enough away noise wise, car hire either over to kefalos or into Kos Town only 30 mins each way.  Then as well as Sponge Divers Island at Kalymnos try the volcanic island of Nissyros (also from the port of Mastahari) all my black and white original photos in our Corfu house are from there, from photographer called Artin, small island, white washed church, little back streets etc... very good day out from Kos. Yes would say Mastahari would be a fab option......

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 03:39:43 PM »
Mastahari looks wonderful!  Do any of you know if you can do an excursion to Patmos from this village?

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
Obviously we can all only speak as we find, but I have to say that my partner and I (with and without different combinations of children and friends) have been to Ag Stef every year for the past 14 years..... apart from one disastrous year. I recklessly decided that we needed to branch out and be brave and see more of Greece. I spent ages researching resorts and after a great deal of time I chose Mastihari. BIGGEST HOLIDAY MISTAKE EVER, for us at any rate. I was there for a month and even by the end I still did not feel relaxed or any warmth for the place at all. I was back in Ag Stef in the October half term!
I did not really like the village, the beach(huge amounts of seaweed that was never cleared), the restaurants (which all had touts outside so that you could not even look at a menu without being pressured to go in) and I felt that the tradespeople there were much more pushy in general.
I had travelled with Black Cat and whilst I found Kevin in the UK to be very well organised and pleasant to deal with, the woman who was the rep operated out of her own restaurant on the beachfront was extremely cool and somewhat unhelpful.
I felt that when I was asking for a little information or assistance that I was being a nuisance. This was the case even when we were actually eating at her place. I spent the last two weeks of the holiday alone (as I often do in Ag Stef) but did not really enjoy the experience.
Other people may well have different views but I hope this is helpful.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2012, 09:11:14 PM »
Thanks stressed for this information - it is really good to hear of someone who has recent knowledge of a place and I know it is indivdual but I can clearly remember one year when we went to Thassos in July and had a lovely time - we stayed in Golden Beach and I just loved the island.  We treated ourseleves that year and 11 days after coming back from Thassos we went to Corfu - Ag Stef - for our third visit.  We sat on the beach one day and John (hubby) said 'I really liked Thassos but there is just something about this place and it's people - the people just seem so sunny'.  That summed it up for me AG Stef has everything I want - an uncrowded beach, even in the height of season when I have to go, and the wonderful people.  I have limited myself to once every two years - but am going next year for my son's wedding - and I do want to go to so many other places, but I remember the contrast even with lovely Thassos
 and it is very hard to choose to go anywhere else.

Offline D@G

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2012, 09:34:56 PM »
We spent a couple of weeks in kalamaki last year.

Although we enjoyed our holiday, We much prefer SS. The restaurants were not as good and very slightly more expensive. The beach isn't in the same league as SS in my opinion and apart from the main strip, everything else is quite spread out.

There are though, a good selection of bars if that's your thing.

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 02:15:13 PM »
I've booked wooooohooooo!!!! Going to Mastihari in Kos...will see how it compares to the lovely San Stefanos!

Thanks for everyone's help and advice, really appreciated :)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 02:45:33 PM »
So glad your sorted Georgie you set me off and thinking about it for a week next September if we can afford it after our two weeks in AS in June

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni