Author Topic: Advice  (Read 29625 times)

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
Re: Advice
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 01:34:25 PM »

Georgie

Before you book make sure you read everything you can about it. I dont know what your looking for
but if it is something like San Stefanos I would look again.
I used to go to Zante for a number of years and we found Tsilivi to be one of the best resorts not too
busy but with everything you needed.
I understand that you want to try another greek island and hope you have a great time wherever you
go with your little girl.

Julie

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 03:46:56 PM »
Hi Georgie  We are not long back from Alykanass you made a good choice, we went with Thomas Cook stayed in the Alykanas Beach hotel we held off to see if the price would drop at one point we could have had the week for £600 but the price went up we paid £800 ,bit of a bummer .If you see a price you can live with grab it .
Okay the food in the Alykanas /Alykes area is superb prices are good .
There are no taxi's in Alykanas they have horses and carts which take you to the further out tavernas I would recomend taking one up to the lemon tree exellent food you can stroll back down to the village or get the horses taxi back.
There is a taverna on the road between  Alykanas and Alykes called starts with P canny mind the rest of it when I do I will put it on,anyway best of them all for food.
Don't miss the Greek night up at Spiroses taverna you go up in the trainaki fantastic night .
There are some good walks if you are into that.
I love my visits to San Stef I also love my visits to Alykanas to some up the food is better in Alykanas and views are better in San Stef
They are both great. Drew Enjoy your stay.

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 03:49:09 PM »
We went to Tsilivi in June, this was our 3rd visit.  The beach is gorgeous and there is plenty to do.  It is alot busier than San Stefanos.  We both said we will not be going back to that resort again.

When in San Stefanos in September we met a couple who go to Alikes in May and San Stefanos in September every year.  I think both resorts are similar in size.

It might be worth having a read up.  Alikes and Alikanas are next to each other.

Good luck in what ever you choose i am sure it will be lovely.

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 03:52:49 PM »
Hi Georgie One more thing if you log on to the just Zante site you can do a virtual tour Ok its a bit slow but worth a look.
Drew :)

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 04:50:17 PM »
Thanks Andrew, that's some great info!

I've read sooooo much about it now, I think I'm certain of my choice.  Hoping the price stays reasonable until pay day when I can book!

Hope to see San Stef again one day though :)

Thanks everyone!  ;D

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2012, 12:12:24 AM »
Hi Georgie. We have been to Zante a few times we always went to Alykes it is lovely there would recommend it, but after going to San Stefanos 1st time we fell in love with it and have been every year since.

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 02:20:09 AM »
Hiya - thanks, I really liked the sound of it but the one I picked was sold out the next time I checked :( had to start from scratch! Looking at Tingaki in Kos now...

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2012, 12:09:29 PM »
I think you will find Kefalos in Kos is more alike to SS than Tingaki?

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »
Kefalos is really nice

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2012, 01:39:01 PM »
Mastichari in Kos lovely village - sort of listed and no English eatieries etc.  A good  way to book is through Greycat Holidays - will look for the link - then you can read the blurb - they offer sort of packages and highly recommended for a traditonal holiday

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 01:41:03 PM »
Here's the link : http://www.mastihari.co.uk

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »
Grey cat works alongside the community to keep the traditional way fo life - have taken this paragraph from their site -

THE CONCEPT OF OUR SERVICE

I first visited Mastihari seventeen years ago to 'house sit' for a friend who was away in the U.S.A.. I instantly fell in love with the village and its attendent qualities which epitomise the Greek way of life. Sadly, these very qualities which first attracted me to the Island are now vanishing under the onslaught of mass tourism. To preserve the delights of Mastihari, a radical approach was required, hence the concept of our service was born. This is a genuine partnership with the local community, we take great pride in ensuring the money you spend with us, goes into the local economy for the benefit of the whole community. By playing our part in the social and economic fabric of the village, Mastihari will remain unspoilt. For your part, you will experience the open arms and hearts of the villagers who are delighted that you will embrace and respect their customs, traditions and way of life. In return, they offer you the chance to share for the time you are with them, the 'magic' which is Mastihari.

Offline Gill C

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2012, 02:51:41 PM »
Hi have stayed in Tingaki twice if you are going May/June/July stay away from apartments near the beach area as that is where the salt lakes are and a breeding haven for mossies.Come August they have possibly been sprayed or dried up.We called in there last year and they were also having big problems with midges.We stayed at the Mayflower apts they are v nice and further from the beach.

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2012, 03:46:58 PM »
I would prefer Mastahari over Tingaki and Kefalos we have been there a few times over the years. Super accommodation right on the beach ,
The journey from the airport is not long and there are always plenty taxis available and Grey Cat are great would recommend them.
You can take the ferry over to Kalymnos for the day and do a trip round the island.
There is also a good bus service from Mastahari to Kos town.
We have been to Greece many times over the last 30+ years and Corfu, Kefalonia ,Samos, Skyros and Crete are our favourites.

Annie

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2012, 05:51:41 PM »
Thanks for all the info guys!

Debra/anniefuff - I'm just looking at that website now - is there a pool? There's no mention of one on the website...

I can't get over how helpful everyone is being, I'm very very grateful! :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni