Author Topic: UK WINTER 2012 - to - Spring 2013 - Thoughts!!  (Read 12367 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: UK WINTER 2012 - to - Spring 2013 - Thoughts!!
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 02:39:56 AM »
Absolutely right, Andy.

There is definitely life outside of London.

Just got back from a wonderful gig at the Pave wine-bar, two minutes down the road from us. Stuart MacCallum is probably the best jazz/rock guitarist in the UK at the moment, and as he's a buddy of Gillie's son Dan, who is also an excellent professional guitarist, great to give him a hug after another night of excellent music.

Not to mention that he had a great Irish singer with him tonight - she has a powerful but controlled voice - and the special food offers were Irish themed.

Tickets (OAP) concessions cost £5.00. Small Irish stew (not that small) cost £4.50 Same for other options. Eating not at all compulsory, but no need for roasts today without grandchildren!

This little to spend an evening with a great international artist amongst many friends? An equivalent night in London would have been at least £50. And it would probably have taken and hour or more to get home.

Frankly, I don't miss a lot about London.

Here's a link for Stuart:

http://stuartmccallum.com/

Offline Andy7

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 04:29:37 PM »
Heard a sad story for Christmas yesterday.

Gill and I were shopping in ASDA when the check out girl told us a couple had just been stopped from walking out the shop with a trolley full of goods, we enquired what kind of goods and she informed us the trolley was full of food for a Christmas Dinner.......nothing else.

We dont know the story behind this of course because when challenged by security the couple ran off, but welcome to the UK Christmas 2012 where desperate people risk arrest just to put food on the Christmas table.

Its straight out of a Dickens story book, the fat cats in Brussels dining on the finest food and wine while half of Europe starves :'(

Andy

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »
Andy - must agree with your post above - shame things get so low at Xmas....
I am no fan of London really - - I have to work there and it's given me a good living,
I enjoy my job keeping London moving - but London has changed  - - it's worse every year...
OK for a day trip - - live there, right in London ? - - no thanks - - I live on the outskirts of Greater London - -
the suburbs - - but London has now grown outwards - - the inner is slowly taking over the outer.

I want to live in a place like it was here, before uncontrolled (and illegal), immigration, where services could actually cope.
A place where the British were actually a majority and where our values held precedence -
where citizens respected the law and the rules of life...

I asked for a doctors appointment last week - - I was offered the 17th Jan'13 - -
if I was really ill - and not going for an M.O.T.,
(they didn't ask), I could be beyond help by then!!
London is now beyond help.....
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni