Author Topic: Thomson's Baggage Allowance  (Read 15217 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Thomson's Baggage Allowance
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
Jules - you beat me to it!

If you as a couple, book one extra 5kg, you can share it as long as no case is more than 23Kg.
as a single - (or if you get conned into booking an extra 5Kg each), it's wasted,
unless you take two cases, in which two Kg. minimum, per two cases, of that total weight is still wasted,
as that is what the additional case may weigh!!

You just can't win.
As Jim said - Thomson's don't really help there, because their website gives all the information on Baggage allowances,
http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/legal/baggage-allowance.html
BUT - - - that doesn't help you on your individual flight's information.

That is one of the reasons, I bought a pair of medium sized Sub Zero G2 (Generation 2), suitcases,
described as the worlds lightest suitcases.
It equated to an extra 3+Kg between us compared to our previous pair of Tripp Lightweight cases, which were then formally,
the worlds lightest suitcases according to the makers several years ago!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 12:10:53 PM »
You are not restricted to one bag per person with Thomson .The restriction is 23kg per bag.If you have a baggage allowance of 25kg per person you are allowed to split it between 3 bags.The only rules are you do not exceed your total allowance and no one bag exceeds 23kg.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2012, 01:56:22 AM »
We know that Thomson's allow more than one bag, as per my Thomson's link in the previous post.

The point - - - was that with extra cases, you lose some of the allowance then by the case weight of the second case - - a third would be madness on a 20/25Kg restriction.
Most regular branded cases (even small) can easily weigh from 2.5Kg (small) & up to 3.5kg each for medium cases.

This is why we invested in the new ultra-light Sub-Zero G2 cases - less than 2 Kg for a fairly large and strong case.
20kg allowance is now plenty for 2 weeks.
We also bought the same brand cabin bags - - lower weight helps.

Also carrying more than one main case can be impractical for many destinations, as once away from the airport and a trolley,
you could arrive and find you have to walk up a long badly surfaced path, then you are on the top floor, no lift etc .... etc ....... it happened to us,
You get the point I am sure.

YANNIS26

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2012, 11:05:06 AM »
We know that Thomson's allow more than one bag, as per my Thomson's link in the previous post.

The point - - - was that with extra cases, you lose some of the allowance then by the case weight of the second case - - a third would be madness on a 20/25Kg restriction.
Most regular branded cases (even small) can easily weigh from 2.5Kg (small) & up to 3.5kg each for medium cases.

This is why we invested in the new ultra-light Sub-Zero G2 cases - less than 2 Kg for a fairly large and strong case.
20kg allowance is now plenty for 2 weeks.
We also bought the same brand cabin bags - - lower weight helps.

Also carrying more than one main case can be impractical for many destinations, as once away from the airport and a trolley,
you could arrive and find you have to walk up a long badly surfaced path, then you are on the top floor, no lift etc .... etc ....... it happened to us,
You get the point I am sure.

Apologies Tony.I missed your previous post & my reference was to Jimbo with his 50kg of luggage which may have been suitable to split into 3 bags.

Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 11:30:14 AM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2012, 04:44:17 AM »
No need for any apologies - it just struck me as a silly airline rule, you buy 25Kg, can only take 23Kg per case so to get the extra 2 kg - - you take 2 cases - the extra one of course weighing 2kg+ - so nothing gained - - - LOL

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni