Author Topic: Best Place to watch the Sunset  (Read 48276 times)

Offline Martin

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Best Place to watch the Sunset
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:20:10 PM »
Every year after spending the day soaking up the sun we like to go up to the Casa Delfino to watch the sun go down, however this year we fancy going somewhere different any suggestions?

don

Re: Best Place to watch the Sunset
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 11:57:15 PM »
The best shots I have had were from the Romanza... pre-digital days OR Manthos taverna. Manthos is my preferred location as there is always some prop to use.. The boat on the beach.. A man fishing off the old harbour.. See my gallery. Look forward to seeing your shots.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:58:08 AM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 12:44:05 AM »
We  love watching the sunset from Teresa as we are getting ready to go out. Really makes you feel good. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Martin

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 04:02:11 AM »
The best shots I have had were from the Romanza... pre-digital days OR Manthos taverna. Manthos is my preferred location as there is always some prop to use.. The boat on the beach.. A man fishing off the old harbour.. See my gallery. Look forward to seeing your shots.

Never considered the Manthos taverna strange really as we got the details of the Fedra Mare apartments from the gent who owns the place, and it will be directlty opposite from were we are staying.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 04:56:44 AM »
Hi Ian

I always take sunset shots, every year I try to get a better one, I have tried pictures all the above places as well.
My best couple of pictures were taken from the following;

The road about 300 metres past the Romanza heading out of town towards Avliotes.
I managed to capture a fishing boat just entering the 'Red' suns beam - still a great shot on an older camera.

Athena Hotel, stand just to the right of the wall above the pool by the walkway down to the Beach,
get the pool in the foreground - looks great and can appear to be an extension of the beach.

The Road side near the Church is also a good place to get a special shot, or over the new harbour as well.
I treated myself to a new camera this year - so hoping to get that better picture again.    8)
Have fun
Tony C
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline bobthebuilder

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »
Hi All
Don't know if they're still there but if you go into the Romanza restaurant there are two sunset pics on the wall that I took about four or five years ago.
Leo the manager saw my pics and asked if he could have the negative to have them enlarged to which i duly agreed. The pics were taken from the Romanza balcony and I am quite proud of them. Going on Friday so i will see if they are still there ;D

Offline aligarter

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 12:04:51 AM »
Best place to watch the sunset is like Bob said the Romanza never tired of watching the sun go down while we were there, either from our balcony or from the resturant while having our dinner. The food in the resturant is also fantastic, if you go there in the next coule of weeks tell Yannis that Maria aka Alison sends her love :-)

Offline Martin

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »
Found a new place this year, The Beachcomber (it opened last year after we had left), we ate there loads and the sunsets at about 9pm were great i have got some cracking photies.

don

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 10:56:40 PM »
I have some great shots from all the beachside Tavernas by the church, the Romanza and the bend by Teresas. Any other good vantage points to try this year? Also advice on videoing the sunsets? 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 11:37:26 PM »
I have some great shots from all the beachside Tavernas by the church, the Romanza and the bend by Teresas. Any other good vantage points to try this year? Also advice on videoing the sunsets? 
Up by Romanza has a good view for the sunset as well.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
I also have taken some fantastic pictures from the Athina Hotel, just above the pool!
Great back-drop, you can use the pool or a palm tree type plant, etc. as focal points,
and fab pictures with the Island central to the sinking sun!!
My best ever was from the roadside - 150 metres up the road from the Romanza (towards Avliotes).

joan

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 02:01:16 AM »
Evinos and of course the old Belle vue appartments

don

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 02:26:26 AM »

What is Evinos  like? It is somewhere we have never visited.

joan

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 02:43:31 AM »

Evinos restaurant is run by John Mouzikitous it is next to the old bellevue prviously owned by his late brother probably the reason why bellevue was sold. He caters mainly for Belgiums he has a contract with their travel company they don't do independant,we have on many occasions tried to persuede him to go it alone or via Noula but no go. They own the beach bar below right by the steps down to the beach, they actually put those in, originally you had to scramble up the path.He does do other meals see boards advertised. Snacks are also availanble at lunch. Have'nt always got there every year so can't comment on the menu of late. Can say they are lovely people have known them for many years

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 03:49:41 AM »

Evinos restaurant is run by John Mouzikitous it is next to the old bellevue prviously owned by his late brother probably the reason why bellevue was sold. He caters mainly for Belgiums he has a contract with their travel company they don't do independant,we have on many occasions tried to persuede him to go it alone or via Noula but no go. They own the beach bar below right by the steps down to the beach, they actually put those in, originally you had to scramble up the path.He does do other meals see boards advertised. Snacks are also availanble at lunch. Have'nt always got there every year so can't comment on the menu of late. Can say they are lovely people have known them for many years
Do you mean the Havana Beach Bar?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni