Author Topic: Kapetanios  (Read 14072 times)

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Kapetanios
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

We are thinking of staying at the Kapetanios apartments next year, I was just wondering if anyone has stayed there recently?
There are no studio's left for when we want to stay so the choice is a 2 bed apartment sleeps 2-4 with balcony or 2 bed apartment sleeps 2-5 with balcony, does anyone know if these rooms are in the old block or the new refurbished block and also do the said rooms all have a view, have read trip advisor reviews/review sites, most reviews excellent but there is nothing clear on which rooms are which plus some people have commented that they were not happy with the old block and it's position near a road and a private residential property and felt that they had no privacy and some no view, what we would really like is a nice view from our balcony , anything else we are not fussed over such as missing knives or forks, clinging shower curtains or even the sound of Gavlah making his way back up to the Romanza, ha ha, nope just a nice view and we are happy.

Thanks in anticipation.x
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:17:25 PM by lilly »

Gavlah1973

Re: Kapetanios
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 10:42:47 PM »
Go the whole hog and book the Romanza..... only 5 mins further!! Brilliant

Hope you're well love, we are deffo going back next year, prob late June/early July

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 11:07:14 PM »
Hi Gavlah,

Yes very well, thanks for asking, hope you and Pam are ok.

We are thinking of going Monday 3rd June for 3 weeks this time, we were going to go this September but due to ill health of my parents we were unable to do so. Hopefully if you go a little earlier in June then we will see you there [ might spot you  in the olive groves again, sporting your leopard print thong], will take a look at Romanza, not bothered about steep hills especially after a few glasses of vino, ha ha although I don't think John will cope in his heels, ha ha.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 11:11:21 PM »
As long as he doesnt have his helmet on show it will be ok!!

Romanza was fab, honestly...... one of the best places we have ever stayed. Loads of repeat visitors like most places in San Stef!
The food and Greek night are also very good!!

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »
Hi Lilly

Only met one couple who we spoke to who stayed their in 2008 and they hated it.   Can't remember all the reasons why but I seem to remember that the rooms weren't as promised and also I think a bit dirty. 

I've stayed at the Teresa a few times and can totally recommend it if you can't get in at the Romanza - its also not as far up the hill and more 'in town'

I stayed in the newer hotel bit at the back which are amazing and have proper showers with sliding glass doors!! Oh the extravagance!! :)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:39 PM »
We've just spent the last week round the Kapetanios pool and think its the best in town. Can't comment on the accomadation though.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:14:46 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies, :)

We are also looking at going independently[various apartments on offer] if the price is right, never booked independently before so would anyone be able to tell me if you have to pay in full at the time of booking the apartments or do you pay a deposit and the balance on arrival, thanks in advance for any advice.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 04:33:17 PM by lilly »

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 07:02:24 PM »
Well we've just had 2 weeks at the Athens Bar apts and we paid full balance on arrival - no deposit needed. This was great as with the change in exchange rates it was about £200 less when we had to pay than when we originally booked!

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:28 PM »
At San Stefano Travel the policy for accommodation bookings is to take a 30% deposit upon booking.

Offline katmc1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 04:42:28 PM »
Stayed at the kaptanios last summer with friends .The place was fine except the man there never spoke to us once.Unless you jumped up and down in front of him.He even turned his back on us at times to avoid talking.Stay at the romanza loads better.They are really great and will make sure you have a good time.

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2012, 04:52:23 PM »
The lad behind the bar during the day - Dominic- is extremely friendly and good value!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
The lad behind the bar during the day - Dominic- is extremely friendly and good value!
Stayed at the kaptanios last summer with friends .The place was fine except the man there never spoke to us once.Unless you jumped up and down in front of him.He even turned his back on us at times to avoid talking.Stay at the romanza loads better.They are really great and will make sure you have a good time.

Katmc1, really surprised at that since all the reviews on trip advisor state how friendly the staff/owners are. We have already booked Kapetanios  independently[ been given the actual room number] and I know we will have a good time, happy days.

Richard/jackie/nathan, Dominic is good value?? How much does he cost then and will he accept a cheque?? ha ha ;D Sounds like you all enjoyed your holiday at Kapetanios  :) :)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:41:37 PM by lilly »

Offline Andrew

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2012, 12:43:36 PM »
Hi Lily we stayed in the Kapetanios in June we were in the old block I think the room was No 7 it was up the stairs furthest away from the road ,the veiw we had was superb possibily the best we have had in san steph .I think if you are upstairs in the old block you will have a good view.
The boss at the hotel does not have much to say but the 2 barmen Domonic and Yannis are exellent.
We liked the hotel and would not hesitate to book it again.
Enjoy
Drew

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2012, 09:11:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply Andrew. Our room is on the upper floor of the new block[ they only have 3 rooms for independent travellers], it has views over the bay and the village, sounds very nice.
Glad that you enjoyed your holiday, like I said the reviews of the apartments are superb, long way off though before we go, got to get Christmas out of the way first!

Offline sammy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2012, 02:20:14 AM »
we stayed at kapetanios this year fantastic 5th year at san stef first time at kapetanios but by far the best and the hill no probs every one so friendly and def booking back next yr for there

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni