Author Topic: Disgusting!!  (Read 19182 times)

Offline julie-1402

• Honeymoon @ Romanza 20th August!! 1st time in SS
    • View Profile
Disgusting!!
« on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:41 AM »
I know other people have mentioned the "donut man" in other topics but feel I should share this!!

Whilst on honeymoon last week in San Stefanos, lying on the beach taking in the scenery the donut man was heading towards us... Ignored him as had previous bad experiences with him in Arillas in the past few year!! After he walked past us he put his baskets down on the empty sunbed between me and my husband and an Italian family.  What he did next shocked both us and the Italian family that had 2 small children with them!!

The donut man walked in the very shallow water right in front of us and un buttoned his fly (trying to do it slyly, but obviously not sly enough) and urinated in the water right in front of us....  Then he buttoned his pants back up and went back over to his baskets without washing his hands or anything and started picking the fruit up in his baskets and arranging it!!! He then walked back down the beach trying to con some more people!  My husband and I just looked on in disbelief and so did the family! Its absolutely disgusting to think he is selling things to the public including children after doing things like that!!!

What makes it worse is that we were literally 2 minutes walk from havana beach bar where they have toilets amongst a lot of other places!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Disgusting!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »
Just go to show that he is definitely worth avoiding at all costs.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 03:16:24 PM »
Saw him do the very same thing last year I know everyone has to make a living but he is so disgusting just hope people wise up to him

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 04:03:50 PM »
I had heard about this a couple of years ago. 
There was quite a long topic about the donut man on the Arillas website.
He is to be avoided at all costs!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 10:01:05 PM »
And he targets new young people especially, selling and charging silly money - i.e.   3 small bits of water melon and a doughnut for €20 - he's a crook in every way.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 10:04:09 PM »
Agree Tony all we can do is let anyone on here who doesn't know about him and hopefully stop people buying off him he doesn't deserve any customers

Offline Rover

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »
Never, ever buy food from one of these beach vendor guys. You know not where the stuff has come from, where it has been, who it has been touched by, and with what. By all means buy a watch from a beach vendor. You may regret it later, but it will not ruin your holliday by making you ill.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 10:10:54 AM »
We shouldn't just concentrate on the donut angle. Nobody should urinate in the sea  especially where families are playing. I hope none of the forum members would do this  :o

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »
I doubt if they'd let him into Havana or Mango for a pee.

Really, the village council should do something about him. I will make enquiries when I'm back in a few weeks.

Offline Jayne h

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
Hello all, regarding that disgusting doughnut man, we were in ag stef in July with our three year old granddaughter, we were on the beach one day and he just sort of threw this fruit at us and charged us ten euros for it! My hubby was furious, I just left it all( it was warm fruit?) didn't know about this man at that time, just thought I was helping someone out. Agree with everyone on here though he should be reported and made to clean up his act or just go away! Certainly know him now though, will chase him if he comes near us on future visits!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
That's good idea Jim hope you and Gillie are ok bet your looking forward to going back to Nafsica

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 02:49:06 AM »
The fruit and food is warm because he leaves stock in his car - it's like an oven in the sun!!
I've seen him cutting the melons up on the floor of his car boot area.
Botulism and a bacterial soup spreading across the floor from the drips of watermelons etc...  but!! - - - does he clean it ?? - - - no chance!

AVOID him.

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 06:17:53 PM »
Someone has actually filmed a video of donut man[not having a very successful day] on youtube, entitled ' Donut July 2011', just glad that I know not to buy from him.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 04:38:39 AM »
Well that brightened my day - even with no sound!

http://youtu.be/gLMU0UYhHm8

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »
looks like Arillas beach

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni