Author Topic: Jerry at the Silver Star Bar  (Read 18320 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry at the Silver Star Bar
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2012, 11:43:56 PM »
Returned from San Stef on Monday and had a great 2 weeks - weather brilliant apart from the thunderstorm - much  better than expected.  Had some lovely meals as usual and first time ever eaten at Nafsica and so good we went back again - lovely meals both times with very warm welcome.  We did miss Jerry at Silver Star - I know he gets knocked quite a bit but I'm sure it's only meant in fun and that he doesn't take himself too seriously - anyway hope he returns next year but not sure if he will. Did go to see what the replacement was like but found it a bit embarrassing - only a handful of people there.  Thought Neil Diamond singer at El Greco really good and the Michael Buble/Robbie Williams tribute at the Condor too.  Also disappointed the Greek night at Romanza cancelled  as we always love to go there - think we probably went a little bit late this time for the entertainment - however had a wonderful holiday and first time we had been to Erikousa island which was wonderful.   Next job now - to book for next year :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Jerry at the Silver Star Bar
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2012, 07:29:46 AM »
I can also testify that the Romanza hosts a wonderful evening there, we loved it!!

However, the last I heard was that there had been ramdom attacks by Vlad the giant black dog.
It seems he had been working his way along the road from Avliotes, eating the odd defenceless local human,
as scraps from tourists had diminished with the autumn approaching.

The evening "do", was abandoned as the smell of the wonderful BBQ would have driven him mad.

Luckily, they called up the volunteers - including, Waspman and Yannis, who dropped everything at home and hopped on to the new Thomson Dreamliner, specially commissioned for them!

Immediately upon arrival, the formed the new Romanza Dads Army Unit, and were issued with The Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) affectionately known as the "SMELLIE".
A rifle known to scare the living daylights out of Vlad, having previously had his tail shot off by sniper Waspman last year.

Taking turns, a 24 hour guard was installed at the entrance, last night, Waspman and his smellie were the deterrent force - - - just like a nuclear shield.
Vlad however is watching from afar - - - - - - - - - - - (is this the end - or is there more to come??)..................
It's going to be a long night!!!!!!! and the distant howling creeps closer . . . . . . . . .
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni