Author Topic: Feels like months ago!  (Read 23876 times)

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Feels like months ago!
« on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:49 PM »
We came back on the 10th August, and it feels like months ago, anyway I thought I would share a few of our moments with you all.
We hired a taxi to pick us up at the airport from San Stefanos travel 54 euros each way, which was a bargain. There was four of us, a mini bus turned up as I was a bit worried how four of us would get in a taxi!
Firstly we stayed at the Teresa's, I was a bit worried about the hill, but we found a short cut behind the the back block, I am not sure if it was a right of way but nobody said we couldn't go this way. We stayed in the block at the back, on the top floor with glorious views of the village, beach and sea. Although some rooms at the back don't have a view, but I wouldn't have cared where our room was. Our room had a little fridge, hairdryer and kettle. The rooms at the front had bigger fridge and no hairdryer (daughter and sister stayed in the front block). Aircon was needed at 35 euros a week which we didn't mind. The bar and restaurant are lovely, with the best views. For you guys who are wondering what you get for B & B, it is fine, enough to keep my hubby going till lunch. two items of the same thing; ie two sausages & two eggs, or cereal or yogurt, tea coffee and toast. We only had one meal at the Teresa's and that was at the Greek night, the whole night was a great experience, which everyone seemed to enjoy. The family and staff are all wonderful and I would recommend the Teresa to anyone.
We ate somewhere different everynight, and can only say the restaurants were as good as the each other. Special mention to Manthos, my husband got hooked on his spicy mussels and prawns starter so we spent many a lunchtimes there with a few wines and mythos, Manthos himself is quite a character and he kept us going with his stories, we had to laugh when anyone brought out a camera he would get out a large live lobster and get in the photo, him and the lobster! very funny.  It was my daughters birthday and we went to the Beachcomber which is my favourite place, the lady that owns it produced a lovely cake with candles and just then the guys that go about singing with the guitars turned up, and sung happy birthday, it was a really nice touch.
The Condor, Acibar (think that's its name) and Bar 38 seemed to be trying to outdo themselves with loud music!! but it was turned down after a few nights. We saw "Michael Jackson" and "Jessie J" which was okay, but that's about all I can say about entertainment as we are happy with a few drinks a meal and home.
This is our second time to San Stef and I am sure it won't be our last. The people have to be the nicest, friendliest and genuine people I have met.
As soon as I arrived I felt instantly de-stressed, normally on holiday it takes a few days to feel this way, but in San Stef I felt this way as soon as I could see the village from the mini bus, strange! A Wonderful holiday again :)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Feels like months ago!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »
A great review.  i think it's a virus - the destress virus - I suffer from it too!

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 12:57:34 PM »
thanks Debra, its a pitty we can't bottle it and bring it home :)

Offline sunshinegirl

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 04:01:20 PM »
Jaxbubbles - what a lovely review.  We are going on Friday and are also staying at Teresa's for the first time.  Have requested a room with a sea view on a high floor - really looking forward to it and need destressing.  this will be our third time in San Stefanos but the first at Teresa's we normally book independently but thought we would have a change as we have also been to the bbq night there and it was wonderful and what a lovely family they are.  Will put my review on when we get back

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
Great review Jaxbubbles my husband works permanant night shifts and usually takes two or three days to start to relax but as soon as we see AS when you come down the hill he says it's home

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:07:54 PM »
Really enjoyed your review. We go to Tereza's on the 31st for the 2nd time. We loved it there last year.
We were in the front block last year on the ground floor and really liked room 2 . Don't expect we'll get the same room
but anywhere is nice there.
We were self catering last year but ended up having breakfast there nearly every day anyway so being B&B this
year won't make any difference.
Can't wait. Only just over a week to wait.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 07:59:35 PM »
Great review.  That is what San Stef does for you, de-stress (great word).  The wife and I totally relax whilst we are there.  The only "stressful" decision we go through is which taverna to try.

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »
Thanks everyone. Rod I just checked the dictionary as I was sure de-stressed was in it! But it looks like I made it up lol  :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 10:25:25 PM »
Great word to describe how SS helps all the troubles of the world to just melt away. Can't wait to have that feeling in just over a weeks time again  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 10:41:20 PM »
Jules hope you have a wonderful time :)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »
Thanks Jaxbubbles :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 10:19:33 AM by Jules »
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 03:17:13 PM »
We're on our 6th day and I don't want to come home! I am home...at least that's what it feels like here! I'm so glad we're here for the extra week! Eaten at Little Prince, Zorbas, Ozzy Oils and the Chinese so far and a take away from Town Pizza! Oh and Waves for lunch! All wonderful! Especially Zorbas and Little Prince! Chinese not so good but probably down to my bad ordering, I forgot Chinese don't do curry very well!

Please don't make me go back to Bristol!!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:02:39 PM »
Glad your enjoying yourself Georgie

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 09:15:58 PM »
Glad you've got the feeling Georgie.
Can't wait to be there on the 31st.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 10:58:08 PM »
Glad you are enjoying your holiday Georgie
Denise  - not long now :)

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni