Author Topic: stamatis whats it like/  (Read 31396 times)

Offline john and jo

• View Profile
stamatis whats it like/
« on: May 02, 2008, 05:57:08 PM »
hi all just joined,bin going san stef for 5 years.usually stay at olgas but it was booked up really early??? so staying at stamatis in june anyone stayed there,whats it like?

don

Re: stamatis whats it like/
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:39:03 PM »
No idea but would be interested in knowing as we stay there in august. The video courtest of TUI looks good but that doesn't count as a first hand testimonial. Hopefully you can tell us. When in june do you go? We are at the Barras from 23 june and the EFI from 27 june. 

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »
No idea but would be interested in knowing as we stay there in august. The video courtest of TUI looks good but that doesn't count as a first hand testimonial. Hopefully you can tell us. When in june do you go? We are at the Barras from 23 june and the EFI from 27 june. 
Don have Steve and Judith not stayed there? :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lisa

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • Netmums
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
Looks nice enough in the brochure!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:40:40 PM by Lisa »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 01:51:04 AM »
I think I remember Judith saying she liked the pool there. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline john and jo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 05:35:11 PM »
june 13th 4 2 weeks don, first it was 2 of us , now its 11 4 at the stamatis 2 at terasa 3 at little prince and 2 at barras,can't wait 5 weeks today,be sat in the waves with a large g+t

Offline judste

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 08:14:59 PM »
Stayed at the Stamatis at the beginning of the season last year.  The photo of the room in the brochure is of the new block - I think these are the larger apartments which I believe are the 2 bedroomed ones.  We stayed in the old block in a studio for 2 people.  The studio was a little on the small side, however it was spotlessly clean and the beds were comfortable and we had  adequate storage space - didn't use the cooking facilities - only boiled some water for coffee on a morning - a nice touch was flowers picked from the garden placed in the room for our arrival.  The cleaner Juliana is great - full of fun - she always has a smile on her face.  The pool area is lovely and relaxing.  The food around the pool on a lunchtime is very nice and reasonable too. Lastly Tom the owner is a true gentleman (a former Mayor of Avliotes and very well respected within the village).  You will enjoy it here - we certainly wouldn't hesitate to go back - unfortunately the dates we had in mind were already booked up.

don

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 11:00:05 PM »
Cheers Jude, forgot you'd stayed there. Should have remembered as it was Stamatis you knew Mike at Yiannis from. When have you managed to book this year and where? We both hope to s ee you. We will miss Jules but see a little of Sue & John in august.
My turn this year. Plastered from fingers to elbow and spending days sitting in the garden reading.  Will look bonny  when cast comes off!!
How is your dream kitchen? More important , are "we grand-parents" yet?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2008, 11:10:22 PM by don »

don

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »
june 13th 4 2 weeks don, first it was 2 of us , now its 11 4 at the stamatis 2 at terasa 3 at little prince and 2 at barras,can't wait 5 weeks today,be sat in the waves with a large g+t

Gin & Tonic... right. in my own myopic way i was reading gut or worse vowel wise.  LOL

Offline Lisa

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • Netmums
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:00:19 PM »
I don't know what the appartments are like, but a word of warning for anyone staying there with young kids...we went to the Stamatis pool, as the kids wanted to use the pool slide. This is set on uneven crazy paving and my daughter grazed herself quite badly when she tripped on an uneven bit by the slide.
The baby pool is fenced off from the main pool, so that's safe enough, but you would have to keep a close eye on young kids playing in the shallow end of the big pool as it shelevs steeply. The deep end of the pool has a diving board and is 3.4 M deep, so not suitable for less than confident swimmers.

The athina pool accross the road is much safer and has a huge shallow end.

Offline DunkBella

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 11:51:26 PM »
We stopped at the stamatis apartments and found the rooms very clean, with plenty of space as you would expect the cooking facilities are not up to much but who wants to cook when the food at the bar is second to non anyway.. The new apartment are  available through private booking only, as I am lead to believe. The pool was fine for our two little girls 3 and 4 years old and Tom the owner makes sure everything is safe for them.. The pool was nearly empty when we were there and so it was like having a private pool all to our selves... On the whole I would say that it is well worth a look at.. the new apartments are top class whilst the old block is in need of a make over but still cleaner and more space than any other apartment I have booked.. if you get a top floor apartment ypou can see the sea and sun set.. very nice.

Offline nickers27

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 02:44:58 PM »
We are looking at the Stamatis for a week in August, but a bit concerned about the central location as it seems to be set between the 2 main bars in the resort and on the main road?   Does anyone know if its noisy at night because of this?  thanks.

don

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 05:45:33 PM »
Silent as the night! The bar is by the road.  Bar and then the pool. Apartments at the far end of the pool. Never heard a peep at night bar our own nocturnal noises LOL.

Stamatis are a good choice for quiet and restful hols!

We stayed there august bank holiday week 2008. Tom , the owner . and Mike, bar person extraordinaire, will assure you have a great time.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:23:21 AM by don »

Offline nickers27

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »
Thanks very much Don, have booked it on your advice (no pressure!). Roll on August!

don

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »
Thanks very much Don, have booked it on your advice (no pressure!). Roll on August!

This was my warts and all opinion when we got home last year. I posted it on a travel site

STAMATIS Apartments.
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:36:49 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our first visit to these apartments and it won't be our last. We had one of the 2 groundfloor apartments with a smallish patio facing the pool. The apartment was one of the studio ones and must be the smallest studio we have ever stayed in.

There was a small entance/kitchen equipped with a small table and 2 chairs. Surprisingly this room had more than adequate cupboard space and for space utilisation was exceptional. We had use of a toaster, kettle and mini oven with 2 electric rings and a good sized fridge.
The WC had a sink with light, mirror and cupboard space. Again good use of available space to include storage. There was obviously a toilet and the standard Greek shower tray. We were shocked to see the shower curtain stopped a good 2ft from the tray. We found it hard to believe but we genuinely had less of a flooding problem than with a full length curtain.

The sleeping area comprised of 2 singles, a single bedside cabinet between the beds, a dressing table and chair. In the corner was a built in wardrobe with generous hanging space and a good sized shelf area.

The downside was that if the dressing table was in use any rights of passage were blocked off. If the wardrobe was open the patio doors had to be shut and vice versa.

On the upside, the beds were the most comfortable we have ever had on holiday. We both like 2 pillows. Ask about this and they were provided almost before we had finished asking. The room was cleaned to a very high standard, Congratulations to the young lady who shone at this task.

The position of the apartments was excellent. Our patio door was about 20 metres from the pool which must have been near 30 metres in length. Then there was the inside bar area and a fair sized seating are before you reach the road. Within 30 metres of there you could visit the resorts largest supermarke, see the Doctor, visit the Sidari Travel office (free safety deposit boxes), buy gyros, visit a bar and hire motorbikes. The path to the Athina and thus the beach was right across the road. All this so close and the apartments set so well back they were amazingly quiet.

The staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for the owner Tom or his ever willing barperson, Mike.

The apartments are available through Thomson. There are however some recently opened apartments that Tom lets privately. We had a look at these and they are massive. They had the normal kitchen features but with the added bonus of elbow room. The WC had the advantage of a bath with overhead shower thus eliminating the usual bathroom flooding. In the living area were 2 beds and generous wardrobe/storage space. There were also a chair and sofa that unfolded to make beds for a further 3 guests. The front was a large balcony with table and chairs. The beauty of the balcony was the views. A glance to the left showed the hills leading to Arilas and dead ahead was a good vista of sea and neighbouring islands. I believe the going rate for these rooms was €50 per night. Not the cheapest but in all honesty exceptional rooms.

Liked — The excellent location
Disliked — The size

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni