Author Topic: Delfino Blu  (Read 29184 times)

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Delfino Blu
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2012, 10:52:13 PM »
It doesn't take much to be polite and courteous.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »
I am really surprised, they were,without exception, polite and wonderful.  And that was 2 weeks ago tonight. It was lovely and even the owner couldn't have been more helpful

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2012, 03:57:59 AM »
If it's 9pm and it's the Delfino - maybe they would have had electric tanning sunbeds out - - one up on the rest of the pack!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline aledjoe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 06:46:15 PM »
mmmmm shame some hoteliers forget the past...when it was under Thomas cook the staff were dragging people in.....short memories ! ::)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
has something else happened?

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 11:55:56 PM »
I don't remember them being under Thomas Cook. I thought they had always been independent.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 02:07:42 AM »
me too Jules - I actually went to have a look around the hotel the year they opened in 2004 - it was called Casa Delfino and I felt sure it was just direct bookings, still have the small leaflet that the owner gave to me then.

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »
They definatly used Thomas cook when it first opened.

Offline Silverstar

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2012, 07:12:57 PM »

They are definitely independent now - we ate there 3 or 4 times when we were there in 2008 and 2009 and they couldnt have been more lovely.   However we went to book our first meal there during the day and once we established that we were there to book a table they were fine but I think because its so expensive to stay there (Euro 160 per night for a standard double.....!) and the pool area is so lovely and on the beach, they are wary of people trying to walk through the hotel and use their pool and sun terrace.

However, 9pm at night they should not have been worried about that and so should have been a lot more accommodating.   I would love to be able to afford to stay there although I cannot believe that their high prices do not include breakfast - they want another 12 Euro's each for that!!  :o

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2012, 04:52:50 AM »
The luxury is nice - just not worth it to me - how long do I spend in a Hotel room - sleep and wash - not much more -
is their breakfast worth €12 - I doubt it somehow and is their food better than Beachcomber - Nafsika - Olympus - - - I doubt that as well.
No - I am just as happy in any of the accommodation in San Stefanos. We have stayed all over - never had anything major to complain about there.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2012, 01:10:53 PM »
Just going back a few posts when they first opened as Casa Delfino, they were mostly Thomas Cook and had a few rooms they rented independent, then they went totally indie a few seasons later.  Have to say as I've seen all the rooms they are wonderful and if I could afford them then I would stay there. Great location, fab pool and sunbeds, terrace, furnishings etc etc. Step down onto beach, sunset cocktails over looking sea..........ah well nice dream........

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2012, 07:51:54 PM »
Mango Bar is closing on Saturday 6th. Autumn cometh. The house martins have already departed.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2012, 08:31:13 PM »
If you want luxury at a third of the price stay at the Fedra Mare! I bet our two floor double balcony sea view apartment is bigger than those at the Delfino Blue. You really have to look round these apartments to appreciate how wonderful they are. As for the pool the FM pool is bigger than DB and has many fewer guests using it. Andy

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
There are only a handful of accommodations in San Stefanos that can compare to the Delfino Blu's high standards, those accommodations include;
The Fedra Mare, The Paralia Apartments, The Sugar & Almond Apartments, The Vassilys Apartments and The Margaritas Suites.
If you are looking for outstanding value for money, the Margaritas Suites offer luxury standards at excellent prices. They are located right on the beach front and have their own private garden, breathtaking sea views out towards the Diapontia Islands and offer superlative comfort. Here is the link where you can view pictures and videos of the individually decorated suites.
http://www.san-stefano.gr/margaritas_room.php

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »
There are only a handful of accommodations in San Stefanos that can compare to the Delfino Blu's high standards, those accommodations include;
The Fedra Mare, The Paralia Apartments, The Sugar & Almond Apartments, The Vassilys Apartments and The Margaritas Suites.
If you are looking for outstanding value for money, the Margaritas Suites offer luxury standards at excellent prices. They are located right on the beach front and have their own private garden, breathtaking sea views out towards the Diapontia Islands and offer superlative comfort. Here is the link where you can view pictures and videos of the individually decorated suites.
http://www.san-stefano.gr/margaritas_room.php

Have you forgotton The Romanza Villas Cerys?

State of the art kitchen, games room with pool table, sauna, private swimming pool, private gardens, bedrooms overlooking Agios Stefanos bay

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni