Author Topic: Quad Bikes  (Read 15860 times)

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Quad Bikes
« on: July 20, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »
Jackie & I are thinking of hiring a couple of quads for a day in August and I was looking for suggestions as to where to visit? Want to try somewhere a bit further afield than Arrilas and Sidari but not too sure how far you can really look to go in a day so any suggestions/experiences would be appreciated.

Offline lisak123

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Quad Bikes
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 04:39:48 PM »
we only hired 1 bike and went to palakastritsa(probably not how you spell it)amazing views but i was a bit scared as i am frightened of heights,but once ya get there its beautiful

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 06:16:20 PM »
Yes I agree, Paleokastritsa.  Also the wife and I went to Affionas, St Georges and Roda.  The ride to Roda was a little daunting due to the fact I stupidly travelled on a main road.  However the trip to Paleo was brilliant.  Great scenery through the mountains and a sense of accomplishment when we were sipping our coffees in a taverna in Bella Vista just above Paleo.  Try the village of Peroulades between Avliotes and Sidari.  Great fun overall and we felt relatively safe.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 11:05:07 PM »
We managed to get to Kassiopi a couple of years back . As long as common sense is used you should be safe. You have to wear a helmet as well.
Also went half way up Pantokrator before deciding we wanted to go elsewhere. Lots of little villages including Afionas are worth looking at as well. Have hired quads for a number of years now and have always felt safe. Remember though that the insurance you get with the bike is only 3rd party
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 05:46:17 PM »
We got one the other year and did the mammoth ride from the Romanza to Akrotiri bar!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 10:34:13 PM »
All the above ideas are great and easily done as long as you take it easy around corners and watch out for the bigger potholes.
Take your time and you will enjoy it and be fime.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:27:50 AM »
if the insurance you get with the bike is only 3rd party how would you fare if you were injured in an accident? I'm thinking about how holiday insurance covers you for the bare minimum and manage to duck out of paying for anything out of the ordinary unless you stipulated prior to leaving what you intend to do and pay an exorbitant excess. I've often wondered seeing people driving around on quad bikes if they are fully covered by insurance.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:27:26 AM »
I would suggest adding quad bikes on to your insurance if you can to be on the safe side. In our years of quad biking we have never felt unsafe as we don't take risks and drive as careful as possible. We have always had great fun discovering places we would never have got to otherwise
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 10:08:29 PM »
if the insurance you get with the bike is only 3rd party how would you fare if you were injured in an accident? I'm thinking about how holiday insurance covers you for the bare minimum and manage to duck out of paying for anything out of the ordinary unless you stipulated prior to leaving what you intend to do and pay an exorbitant excess. I've often wondered seeing people driving around on quad bikes if they are fully covered by insurance.
If you haven't already got your holiday insurance there are plenty you can check out on the internet to get Quad Bike insurance. Although our insurance we have is a good one with my bank I have opted to buy a cheapish insurance as well as that covers quad biking.If you would like any details please ask and I will pm you the info.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 02:33:24 AM »
V/Good point Jules, my bank is HSBC - and Annual insurance is via my account - Quad bikes are not covered - bikes, motor-bikes, scooters are - strange!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 11:11:45 AM »
I would think it probably because quad bikes go of road so can be catagorised an extreme sport or whatever term they use.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:49 AM »
I'm an insurance broker so that side of it isn't a worry ha!

Offline Pally88

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 11:48:41 PM »
Just found out that Quads are included on our insurance so thinking about hiring one. Any quotes for 1 or 2 days?
And where's best place to hire from?

Thanks

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 01:25:54 AM »
2 places in the village do quad bikes and both will be as good as each other and probably similar prices (around €20 / €30 a day)

Offline Pally88

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 10:22:20 PM »
Thanks Jules

48 hours and we will be there...

x

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni