Author Topic: Yes, another update!  (Read 11189 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Yes, another update!
« on: June 28, 2012, 01:53:22 PM »
Hi Everyone.  The wife and I have been here in San Stef for six days now, so apologies for the delay in getting back to you lot.  I am currently using the computer in Gravia.  Stunning views as most of you know.  Anyhoo, I will give you all a brief update.

. Best sofrito EVER in the Olympia.
. Resort quiet but "ticking over".
. Food prices cheap, average of 35 euros for two, starter, main course and wine.
. Now three supermarkets on main street.
. Chinese restaurant has good reports although we have not tried it.
. Beach has loads of sunbeds, normally half of them actually being used.
. Weather hot but bearable due to the breeze.
. Lots of families from Finland in resort.  The kids just a little irritating.

Take care everyone.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 02:03:15 PM by Rod »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Yes, another update!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 01:09:13 AM »
Thanks for that Rod  :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:27:38 AM »
Nice one Rod - is the resort looking busy?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »
My wife and I have just retuned from a wonderful 2 weeks in San Stefanos.Wall to wall sunshine with temps in the mid thirties.Only one windy day that made us forsake the Romanza pool for the  more sheltered conditions of the Kapetonios.
We tended to alternate our feeding habits between the Romanza and the village.One day lunch at the Romanza,dinner in the village.Next day lunch in the village, dinner at the Romanza.Our favourite lunches in the village were Glenns where among other things I had to have cheesy chips & bacon.My wifes favourite was the Tuna salad even though I had to help her to finish it as it is huge.Also the juice bar with Shane and Sandra where a cheese savoury bagette went down very well with a pot of tea.Not forgetting the Devonshire Cream tea if we were in the village at teatime.Tasty Corner ideal place for a Gyro combined with people watching due to its position on the T junction at the centre of the villageThe dinners in the village were split beetween,Ozzy Oils,Yiannis Grill,Beachcomber& Olympia.They were all excellent and I would find it difficult to choose between them.
We intended to do a lot of walking during our stay but the very hot weather made this impossible.We only did 3 walks .
1 Down to the village around by the tennis courts ,laundry and football pitch and back to the Romanza.
2 Arilas by road then back  to the Romanza via the  headland and the new cliff path.Coffee at the Gravia.Return to the Romanza via the Tsaros Pool,the beach and the path from the beach to the Romanza.
3 Around the headland From the Romanza to the beach up the slipway then to the headland via the Fantasea.Coffee at the Akrotiri then back via the road  behind the Gravia,passing the Perros on the way through the village.
The highlights of our trip were.
1 Yes you guessed it the Romanza Greek night.The added bonus this year was the company of Shane , Sandra & Kerry with her children.They were accompanied by a number of visiting relatives from Australia with their families.It made for a brilliant Anglo,Autralian,Corfiot evening.
2 Our hosts Andreas & his mother Katie took myself &3 friends on a spear fishing trip to the uninhabited Island (except for rabbits) of Diaplo .The plan was to catch dinner but we only managed to catch enough for one starter.Andreas said I would make a great Kamaki.In Greek it refers to the spear gun.I found out later  it is a name for young Greeks who ride around on their bikes chatting up the young female tourists. At my age I was flattered.He did explain the connection to a spear gun but I thought it was better left unpublished.
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:13:18 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
Hello, I'm back in the Gravia!  Excellent views etc, etc.  You all know the script by now.  I just thought I would give a little more feedback.

.  I feel for the Chinese restaurant as there has hardly been anyone in.
.  The wife and I have not had one mozzy bite!  (I'm going to regret that statement).
.  Weather is incredibly hot.  Too hot to walk anywhere.  A little cooler in the evening.
.  The resort is starting to pick up, although still relatively quiet.
.  Most tavernas/bars a little concerned.  They keep harping on about the increase in taxes.

That's all folks!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »
Thanks, Yiannis and Rod. Lovely appetite-wetting descriptions.

Rod - don't moan about the heat; the weather here is unremitting crap. If it carries on like this the whole of the Olympics will be synchronised swimming!

Offline DavidFid

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 06:18:35 PM »
Came past the Olympic Park earlier today on the train - standing water on the athletics warm up track!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:12:51 PM »
We are glad we left the rain at Gatwick,
Weather here is great very hot.
Jim, see you soon. Where will you eat first night?
Nafsika?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 01:37:24 PM »
Jim, see you soon. Where will you eat first night?
Nafsika?

Definitely. I'm the white-haired bearded geriatric with the beautiful blonde :-)

Offline Outza73

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »
The day has come, finally! Within one hour we are going to take a bus to Helsinki. Staying overnight at an airport hotel due to early morning flight to Kerkira. I wonder if I am going to get any sleep at all... Here we come, Little Prince. Keep your steaks sizzling!  :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 01:37:35 AM »
Have a great time outza73 :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 01:55:13 AM »
SUN SUN SUN here Outza73 comes have a great holiday

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni