Author Topic: Just back with a quick review  (Read 50189 times)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Just back with a quick review
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »
So glad you had a wonderful honeymoon Julie

Gavlah1973

« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 03:26:05 PM »
Glad you enjoyed it and met my old mucka Kev (Sellsy)

I do hope he didnt hang his Y fronts out on the line as he used to do every evening a couple of years ago just as I would have my evening balcony drink.

Great resort and a great hotel..... lovely folk up there

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2012, 11:16:12 PM »
Back from the Romanza following two weeks of absolute relaxation. From the first welcome to the hugs as we boarded the coach back to the airport we have nothing but praise for the place and in particular the staff. Such a small team in reality to turn out the highest  standards of care and attention in such a friendly way, 100% of the time, is an outstanding achievement. A bonus this year was meeting up and spending some time with forum members Julie 1402 ( Julie and Richard ) BAJ  ( Brian, Mandy and their girls Bethan and Eve ) and Waspman ( George and Lesley ) all staying at the Romanza - some of the nicest people you could wish to meet.Also managed to say hello to Georgie staying at the Barrass when we popped down to tasty corner. So nice to put faces to the forum names.

Thanks for the reminder re the Calvin Klein's Gav, the fluorescent budgie smugglers you accidentally left behind are still aiding the local wildlife as a pair of pygmy shrews are nesting in the front pouch, environmentalists are concerned there may not be enough room in there but we keep our fingers crossed.  ;D

Whether you are honeymooners, families , couples, or the worlds smallest shrews you will be looked after at the Romanza! 

Gavlah1973

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2012, 11:20:12 PM »
Great note!!!

We are deffo going next year!

YANNIS26

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
Thank you for your kind comments on the Romanza Hotel .It is a pleasure to see that the hotel is held in the same high esteem by fellow forum members as myself. I know I promised to stop singing their praises but after the fully justified praise of the Nafsika, I decided what is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Yammas
Yiannis
Romanza PR Dept
All done in the best possible taste.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2012, 01:48:32 AM »
Peace reigns. The Year Of The Kumquat is upon us. Vlad, the Black Dog, is now on a mission to hunt down those who post ignorant things on TripAdvisor, and they will be scourged with teeth like the razor wire around the pits of Hades. I could go on (Please don't: ed).

It's always lovely to hear good reports of all the places in Ag Stef. I don't think it's "this versus that" - it's a unique atmosphere of friendship created in a village of no architectural or cultural significance, and that's what they have all done so well. They have encapsulated Filoxenia (kindness to strangers) and made it into an irresistible drug.

So let's put our hands together for those, whether you be up on the hill, in the old village, or in the (mildly) throbbing centre, who make it a second home for many of us.

YANNIS26

« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2012, 01:54:55 AM »
Hi Jimbo
I agree.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline BAJ

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:18 AM »
Returned on Monday from 2 weeks at the Romanza, where we met George and Lesley (Waspman) and Kevin and Debbie (Sellsy) who were great company. I can only concur with Sellsy, the staff provide a fantastic service to all their guests. Despite the high standard of food in the village restaurants, in our opinion Katies cooking at the Romanza restaurant takes some beating.
Beach was great as usual, the area with sunbeds has extended beyond Thomas's boats making it ideal for those of us who use the cliff path from the Romanza to access the beach. Good to see there are some more bins on the beach this year. We took Thomas's speedboat out on our wedding anniversary, which was a great way to spend the day and had an equally enjoyable evening at the Romanza.
Gavlah - think you should know that Kev developed his Y-front activities this year! The result was that Stella and Marina on reception were inundated with guests handing in y fronts they had found on their balconies. Fortunately Deb (having learnt from previous years) had had the foresight to sew Kevs name into them, so it became a daily event to see Marina wandering around clutching a pair of pants looking for Kev. He would then exclaim his bewilderment and claim they had been blown from his own balcony by the strong winds. He would maintain this even on days when there was barely a breeze!
I understand only one pair was never returned, I suspect the rather stylish Italian guest couldn't resist adding a pair of M and S finest to complement his Armanis, and decided to keep a pair.
Anyway a great holiday and will be booking again for next year, but may well book independantly unless Thomsons prices drop.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2012, 03:03:48 AM »
And I agree with Yannis - Agreeing with you Jim!!
in fact a good way to put it!!

I must say we all enjoyed our dinner date with yourself and Gillie - must be about 7 weeks ago now, but still fresh in the mind - enjoyable evening.
Hope to see you there again next year, as my October Holiday in a months time will be to Dalyan instead this time.

Yammas to all
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2012, 11:21:47 AM »
Very well put Jim as ever

Offline deelightful44

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2012, 12:18:58 AM »
 :)
Returned on Monday from 2 weeks at the Romanza, where we met George and Lesley (Waspman) and Kevin and Debbie (Sellsy) who were great company. I can only concur with Sellsy, the staff provide a fantastic service to all their guests. Despite the high standard of food in the village restaurants, in our opinion Katies cooking at the Romanza restaurant takes some beating.
Beach was great as usual, the area with sunbeds has extended beyond Thomas's boats making it ideal for those of us who use the cliff path from the Romanza to access the beach. Good to see there are some more bins on the beach this year. We took Thomas's speedboat out on our wedding anniversary, which was a great way to spend the day and had an equally enjoyable evening at the Romanza.
Gavlah - think you should know that Kev developed his Y-front activities this year! The result was that Stella and Marina on reception were inundated with guests handing in y fronts they had found on their balconies. Fortunately Deb (having learnt from previous years) had had the foresight to sew Kevs name into them, so it became a daily event to see Marina wandering around clutching a pair of pants looking for Kev. He would then exclaim his bewilderment and claim they had been blown from his own balcony by the strong winds. He would maintain this even on days when there was barely a breeze!
I understand only one pair was never returned, I suspect the rather stylish Italian guest couldn't resist adding a pair of M and S finest to complement his Armanis, and decided to keep a pair.
Anyway a great holiday and will be booking again for next year, but may well book independantly unless Thomsons prices drop.

Offline deelightful44

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2012, 12:23:01 AM »
:)
What is the best way to book independatley,do you book the flight 1st and then look for accommodation ?

Gavlah1973

« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2012, 05:45:53 AM »
A couple of years ago we returned from the Romanza and Pamela and myself were chewing the fat about our hols

we both mentioned those dark days when Sellsys Y fronts would float like a hang glider in the wind over the coastline just as I would crack open a Mythos from the Aspa supermarket!!

On a more serious note its great to see the close relationships developing between lots of repeat guests in the many apartments hotels

Next summer will be 3 long years since I've been to Corfu and we will deffo be going back

I aim to drink like Richard Burton and dance like John Travolta!!

YANNIS26

« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2012, 11:49:25 AM »
What is the best way to book independatley,do you book the flight 1st and then look for accommodation ?
Hi Delightful44
The thing that makes booking direct pay is your ability to get a cheap flight.There are 2 options for this.
1 Early booking of a flight with a budget airline say Easyjet or Ryanair.This is not an option for everyone due to there proximity to the relevent  airport.
2 Booking a last minute flight when it is a historical fact that prices fall dramatically.
3 This year I booked 2 single flights with Thomsons for a 14 day holiday at half the price of their 14 day return.For there own reasons 14 day flights were double the price of 7 day flights.
As regards accommodation it really depends if you have your heart set on a certain hotel.In my case the Romanza has a limited number of direct booking rooms and they sell out quickly.This is the reason I book my room on my return from the previous years holiday.The problem with this is you are now limited on last minute cheap flight options.
At the end of the day you are loooking for a cheaper holiday and some people believe they achieve this with Thomsons.I have always saved cosiderably by booking direct.The price of your flight is the whole important ingredient of a direct booking, plus a contributing factor in my case is the locals get the money.
I hope this helps
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline deelightful44

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2012, 02:46:48 PM »
Hi Delightful44
The thing that makes booking direct pay is your ability to get a cheap flight.There are 2 options for this.
1 Early booking of a flight with a budget airline say Easyjet or Ryanair.This is not an option for everyone due to there proximity to the relevent  airport.
2 Booking a last minute flight when it is a historical fact that prices fall dramatically.
3 This year I booked 2 single flights with Thomsons for a 14 day holiday at half the price of their 14 day return.For there own reasons 14 day flights were double the price of 7 day flights.
As regards accommodation it really depends if you have your heart set on a certain hotel.In my case the Romanza has a limited number of direct booking rooms and they sell out quickly.This is the reason I book my room on my return from the previous years holiday.The problem with this is you are now limited on last minute cheap flight options.
At the end of the day you are loooking for a cheaper holiday and some people believe they achieve this with Thomsons.I have always saved cosiderably by booking direct.The price of your flight is the whole important ingredient of a direct booking, plus a contributing factor in my case is the locals get the money.
I hope this helps
Yammas
Yiannis

Thank you for that Yiannis,i may well look into booking it myself
regards
Debs

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni