Author Topic: just back.!!!!  (Read 10910 times)

Offline birtman

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
just back.!!!!
« on: July 11, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »
will answer any questions if i can.!!!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: just back.!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
thank you - what about elling us what your holiday was like, what made it spwecial, what was nto so good etc.  Woudl love to read that - welcome back - the weather must seem a bit chilly as you have left very hot temps.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 08:17:06 PM »
Oh dear - so sorry about the typing - it really is NOT me - it is the keyboards fault ;D ::)

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 10:25:33 PM »
welcome back

question 1 .... what is the exchange rate over there ? seems to be rising pretty steadily here ...
2 .. is the elpitha bistro closed ?
3 .. how are the locals bearing up to the flak greece seems to be getting
4 .. have you noticed owt new bout the place ..
5.. did you try the chinese
6 .. did you have a great time
7.. are you glad to be home ? haha

Offline birtman

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
hi debra.!!!  in a nutshell, flew with easyjet from luton, on time and good flight, stayed at nondas appartments so taxi transfers were included in price, been going for 7 years now and love it. weather was very hot, had to drink many mythos's to cool down.!!! there are deals on SUNBEDS to be had, opposite the ATHENA hotel, beds are 8 euros for 2 and umberella then you get a 2 euro voucher to spend in the ATHENA/ snack bar, opposite the HAVANNA 2 beds and umberella cost 7.50 euro  and you get a bucket of ice with a bottle of water, loads of entertainment going on, solo guitarists, duets, 60s singers, bands, disco and tribute acts ( condor bar.) greek dancing, etc... elpitha to those who know, greek/mexican has stopped doing food this year, shame because i thought personally the food was some of the best i have tasted, spiros has got a job cooking in another village and dimitri helps out in the athens bar when busy. beach is in good nick, the walk to arillas is safer now the sunsets are great from the bar at the top of the hill,

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:33 PM »
Fab!  Thank you, be finding out myself a week on Monday.  Can I ask you what the Nondas apartments are like?  Basic?  There are loads of us going back next year for a wedding and looking at getting as good value as we can.

Offline birtman

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 10:49:14 PM »
hi the joneses,  the exchange rate when we left was 123 euros to the pound, we did not change any money there so not sure if they charge commision.!!! elpitha is shut, (shame i loved it there). the chinnese was hit and miss, busy one day empty the next, didn't try as we love greek food and too many dishes to try and not enough days.
olive press shut
mythika shut, reason being, (we were told) the landlord put the rent up .!!
new bar called ackabar, opposite thomas bay,(old bar 38) had tribute acts in the week, micheal jackson, rhianna, kate perry, nice bar,nice music, and great host.
nobody talked about the economy and to be honest i forgot all about it, you wouldn't notice anything different about the place, every bar and every restraunt we were greeted like familly!!!!

Offline birtman

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »
hi debra, the rooms are very clean but basic, but all you need, kettle,toaster,microwave,etc....we don't spend much time in room so fine for us. things i must tell you, the shower is hand held so water goes everywhere.!!! but there is a mop and bucket in bathroom to mop floor, air con is on a meter now,  we put 3 euros in a day and that lasted about 6 hours, bins are emptied every day, ask sally to get your water for you , 2 euros for 6 litre bottles and delivered to your room. the appartments are up a hill and then down a steep drive so not really suitable for the less mobile, sally, nondas,dimitri, are a lovely familly and will make you feel very welcome, there is a bar, and the pool is warm, and it is nice and quite in the evening, we have been going back for 3 years now and lots of other people go back again and again too. the 2 person rooms were 250 euro and the rooms that sleep 3 were 300 and that includes taxi transfers.!!!

Offline thejoneses

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2012, 09:01:16 AM »
thanks birtman

week on saturday i,ll find out for meself .. great to hear a recent view of san stef !! cheers

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »
Hi Debra
We stayed in Nondas Villlas then Apartments some years ago, but know people who still stay there.
It's basically as birtman says;
We loved staying there - it was just the walk back uphill from the beach on a hot day that we didn't like as we got older.

If you are fit - and don't mind the hills, it's another good option for places to stay.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline buttsboy100

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 01:11:29 AM »
Hi we are going in 2.5  weeks, is the resort busy or quiet.  Anyone staying at the Vicky apts fom 6 aug to 20 aug

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 02:14:08 AM »
We just arrived back and it was pretty busy, but still a lot of empty rooms around!!

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 06:28:58 PM »
will answer any questions if i can.!!!

Where the hell were you!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 02:43:37 PM »
He said he stayed at Nondas Apartments - next to the Moros Apt's, and just under Tsaros Bar & Pool.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni