Author Topic: Inter Resort Pass  (Read 23270 times)

Offline martin B

• View Profile
Re: Inter Resort Pass
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
hi all which resorts does the inter resort bus go to any one know sounds like it may be a good idea .

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2011, 01:20:29 AM »
Hi Martin, it runs between the resorts of Sidari, through San Stefano (stops are Romanza and Barras) onto Arillas and St George, some vendors in resort have tickets otherwise if you check either the Thomson or Thomas Cook reps they should also have tkts, if not p.m. me and I wll give you the owners website link to book tkts.  Just 5 euros a day or 15 euros per week. Lso recerntly introduced are child prices......

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 01:08:21 AM »
Sounds good, we have done those resorts too many times and probably won't do the bus, but it's great for anyone who hasn't, cheap excursion!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 09:49:03 AM »
Hi Lesley, can you also send me the owners website link.
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Hi Jule sending you a pm now sorry havent been on here for a while as have relatives staying so been a bit busy plus work etc...okay pm on way in a few mins.

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 12:23:25 AM »
Thanks Lesley
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline IrisG

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 11:41:56 AM »
Sorry this service seems to have ended prematurely! ???
Hope someone starts it up next year, as we had planned to make good use of it.

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 11:05:36 PM »
What a shame! I know that there was a good deal of opposition to it by some of the local taxi drivers and some people would not sell tickets as they were afraid that it was illegal. But it was a great idea!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 02:02:01 AM »
Oh that's dissappointing sounded great idea wonder if there wasn't enough interest

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 07:47:19 PM »
Hi All, sorry havent been on for a while, family commitments and a busy time all round.....

A couple of replies to points made.......

It wasnt illegal - the man behind it was registered through a Greek tourism office (okay in another resort) but it was all running legally.,  Hence when the taxman stopped the bus all they could do was check out the papers and let the bus carry on running which it did for a few more days.

Yes it did probably put a few peoples nose out of joint hence the decision to stop for this summer only, but that's work in progress I understand from him for next summer, perhaps there may even be a whole network around the island in or in years to come as in other resorts within Greece and around the world.  I think we will have to watch this space as they say on that one.

The whole ethos of the idea was to provide what the customer visiting the island wants.  After all the guests is the most important part of any tourism community.

In the meantime there is an open letter to the PM of Greece on various forums and also a plaint (I believe that's what it is called) to the EU concening, monopolies and intimidation.  We can only hope that the letter is given serious consideration and is answered.

For everyone who used the service and it was well supported, thank you. For more information on where to read the various articles probably best to pm me so I can pass on the correct information via the man's company's website.

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2012, 08:06:02 PM »
Hi all,

Any more news on the Inter Resort Bus this year ?

Ouzopower.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
I understand a great idea was squashed but you can get more info via herman at www.corfudirect.eu he will give you all links as to the what and the why? Great idea though and well supported.

Offline OuzoPower

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 03:40:37 PM »
Thanks Lesley.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni