Author Topic: San Stefanos Today  (Read 15554 times)

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
San Stefanos Today
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:37:15 PM »
Woke this morning to a heavy rain shower followed from 08:00 on by a lengthy and spectacular thunderstorm. Could be on for most of the day clearing for tomorrow with a mini heatwave to start on Thursday. Been sunny and mid twenties since Thursday, no clouds until last night!

Walked up the cliff path from Arillas on Sunday, you do need to watch out for the stumps and roots on the new bit though.

Prices much on a par with last year. Noula's boat trips are up a couple of euros but food drink not moved much yet. Breakfasts all around 5 euros, one course glass of wine specials currently 7 euros, three courses for 9 euros. Large Mythos 2.50 as last year. Supermarket prices especially for dairy products still high but white loaf at the bakery was eighty cents yesterday, brown ninety. Prices at the chemist at Avliotes may be a bit of a shock if you need anything. Speaking to a couple of expats the other day, he has apprently not been paid for a year and has greatly increased prices to compensate.

Ice cream parlour opened on Saturday, tried for the first time, delicious! The new Chinese has looked very quiet so far but Little Prince busy as usual. Alex, Spiros and Thanassis are doing most of the dancing this year much to Dimitri's relief.

Can't tell you the price of car hire this year yet as I went into book a car with Valantis at San Stef car hire, got talking, booked the car for three days next week and forgot to ask the price! Some Scotsman I am :) I'll update next week!

Exchange rate has been 1.22/1.23 the last few days subject to commission.

Well folks, the sun's trying to break through although the rest of the day is forecast for thunder. Noula has a wedding at Waves this afternoon so hope it does improve.

Any Qs re anything I've not mentioned please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos Today
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »
 sounds like life is begining to stir in the village.where is the chinese located?

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
   whats the sun bed prices like at the mo?

YANNIS26

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
sounds like life is begining to stir in the village.where is the chinese located?
The chinese is the original Bar 38
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 01:32:54 PM »
Thanks for all that Gordon. No matter what the weather you are in the place to be.

Whereabouts is the ice cream parlour?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
Ice Cream parlour is opposite from Athens Bar and next to the new minimarket in resort.

Oh and sun's trying to peep through now.......

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
How is Spiros at bar 38 doing, and is young George still there?

Offline Caz

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
We got home in the early hours of this morning and it's cold!!!!!!  Have to agree the only place that seemed to be buzzing every evening was Little Prince. My Grandaughter age 5 fell in love with Thannasis. If you go in tell him Maddie says Hi and misses him already. We left SS at 8.0pm and it looked like the weather was clouding over a bit.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:40 PM »
Do you happen to know how much the quad bikes are - we usually go for the guy on corner of drive to Athina?

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 08:56:47 PM »
We got home in the early hours of this morning and it's cold!!!!!!  Have to agree the only place that seemed to be buzzing every evening was Little Prince. My Grandaughter age 5 fell in love with Thannasis. If you go in tell him Maddie says Hi and misses him already. We left SS at 8.0pm and it looked like the weather was clouding over a bit.

Yes, we noticed that as well when we were in San Stef a couple of weels ago.

However, I am not surprised, its our favourite Taverna and this year the entertainment is great with Spiros and Thannasis now joined by Alex.

We found the food superb as well and if money is tight you can enjoy the specials with wine for aound 10e or £8 each.......cracking value!

Just 3 weeks to go and I will be into my second Saganaki and Bom, Bom Lamb of the week ;D

Andy

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 11:06:47 AM »
Re Quads you can email spirosbike@hotmail.com for quotes as he has rates per day and for longer rentals.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 11:08:54 AM by Lesley »

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 01:19:50 AM »
Hi - have to wait until Sept till we go to San Stef but worth waiting for.  Do you know what sort of entertainment at Condor this year or other bars?  Enjoy your holiday

Offline rilo57

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
  re Quads.   20euro a day from spiros, ( next to Athens Bar) a discount if longer

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10:26 PM »
Yep Rilo just had friends out so next to Atehns Bar is Spiros give him an email as before on spirobikes@hotmail.com longer rentals he will give a discount........

Offline spikeyb

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 09:38:26 PM »
Do you know if kathys  supermarket is open this year?

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni