Author Topic: Hello from Finland-new to the forum  (Read 14777 times)

Offline Outza73

• View Profile
Hello from Finland-new to the forum
« on: May 29, 2012, 01:16:58 PM »
Hello from chilly Finland and thank you for this wonderful forum! I have been reading your reviews for about a year now, so perhaps it is time to join finally  :) I live in  southern Finland and have visited San Stefanos twice. Now counting days to the third visit which will be in early July.

Thomsons operates also in Finland under the name Finnmatkat. In fact, it is the only tour operator here to choose if travelling to San Stefanos, offering the Little Prince and Kouros apartments. There really must be something special about the resort, as even my teenage sons still insist on travelling with me and enjoy the atmosphere of the village as well. We can´t wait to meet the folks at the Little Prince again.

When it comes to prices; I paid 1400 euros (that is about 1100 pounds) for one week at the Little Prince in July including return flight from Helsinki to Corfu. The price is for one adult and two teenagers. The prices have gone up a bit, as two years ago I paid about the same for two weeks. Each time I have booked early, around Christmas holidays  8)

Only five weeks to go until in San Stefanos!

YANNIS26

Re: Hello from Finland-new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 02:50:24 PM »
Hi Outza73
Welcome to the forum.It is great to see it is not just the British.(I was going to say English, but that would attract the wrath of our Scots,Welsh & Irish forum members) that are drawn back to San Stefanos year after year. Its great to see its appeal extends to Finland and other European countries.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Excellent English too Outza. ;)
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:50:38 PM »
Tervetuloa!

Offline Outza73

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
Many thanks for your welcoming replies (especially Jimbo for the Finnish one)  :)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
Welcome Outza.  It's great to hear from you.  Lets hope it's the first of many postings.  Your views will give a different perspective as it were.  Whey aye man!  (not Finnish but Geordie).

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 10:53:50 PM »
sen Ison kuulla sinusta

don

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 11:26:36 PM »
When will you be at the Little Prince Outza... We are there until 7 July so may see you..

Offline Outza73

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 09:47:46 AM »
Don, we´ll arrive on 6 July around noon. I desperately need to have a large pita gyros from Tasty Corner for lunch, but will definitely have dinner at the Little Prince. Maybe see you there..

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:18 PM »
Outza, have you been going crazy waiting for your large giros?  My wife and I love them also.  My wife strangely enough is rather a healthy eater back in England, but like you she can't wait to visit the Tasty Corner.

don

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 11:06:19 PM »
Don, we´ll arrive on 6 July around noon. I desperately need to have a large pita gyros from Tasty Corner for lunch, but will definitely have dinner at the Little Prince. Maybe see you there..

We leave on the following morning so will probably see you around the pool ..

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 04:47:15 PM »
Hi Outza73 and a big welcome to the forum from us as well.
We may well see you there as we arrive 3 days before you, we will also link up with Don and Jimbo hopefully and Waspman and a few more!
It would be nice to say hello - we will stay at Athens Bar Apartments this time opposite the Aquarios Bar by the Athina Hotel.
We will eat in the LP a few times and our friends Carole and Alan will also stay in the LP from the same day as you for 2 weeks.
Hankkia hyvä lomailla
Tony and Linda
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »
Tony,

The wife and I are in San Stef from 22nd June to 6th July.  We also may cross paths.  I remember two years ago when you kindly distributed the bracelets, we both had them on but never met any "forum friends".  I always remember Glen asking us if we had met anyone yet everytime we frequented his bar.  We were either unlucky or everybody was hiding.   :-\

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2012, 07:36:15 PM »
Hi Rod - check with Glen, I'll keep him informed when we arrive on the 3rd, we will be in there sometime that evening and the next two evenings, for a drink before bed,
or after a meal. Look forward to meeting - let me know where you will be nearer the time.
I'll PM you my phone no. so you can TXT me.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
I wondered round for two weeks with my band on but to no avail!!
The only benefit was when I managed to con young Costas at the Romanza into thinking I was on an All Inc deal!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni