Author Topic: The clif path from San Stefanos to Arillas Beach is now safe again!  (Read 16909 times)

Offline dimitris

• Administrator
  • SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • arillas.com
There seem to have been some good work done in order to fix the problem of this path.
Here is a picture to see that the path is again very pleasant and is still offering the  good views of Arillas beach and the Gravia Island opposite.

Any pictures and feedback from who-ever cross this path are much appreciated.

Have a superb Holiday ,

Dimitris

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 01:34:25 PM by dimitris »

Dimitris Kourkoulos
Brouklis Str 7  Arillas
49081 Corfu
0030 26630 51418
www.arillas.com
San Stefanos Online Admin Team

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Thanks for the up date on the path Dimitris. I know a few people were worried about it so this will put some minds at rest. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

don

That means we can still have our scenic morning walks.. Looking forward to them now.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
I was more worried for Jimbo than myself - I am as light as a feather - but Jimbo!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline katmc1

• View Profile
Will be walking it next Tuesday.Great news love the walk.Many thanks to those that have made it possible...

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Gill and I had a walk to Arillas across the cliffs yesterday and as the photograph shows a new path has been made about 3 metres inland from the old one which is now only a foot wide in places.

So the view remains the same but the new path isnt as exciting as the old one where a safety rope was becoming essential!

Andy

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
wimp that I am - give me the safer option!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Yes - safety first - who wants to slide down onto the beach!!

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Tip for sandal wearers- tread carefully on the 'new' section as the four inch stumps of the old brambles gets under your toes!!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Just a case of watch where you walk then - or trip on the stumps!! LOL

Offline cambridge

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The clif path from San Stefanos to Arillas Beach is now safe again!
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 02:37:03 PM »
We cycle that path every year, and due to last year's erosion, you certainly needed good control of everything; your bike, your nerve, and your bum. I don't mind saying it put the wind up me, which was a better option than the alternative!

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 10:39:11 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I have never walked the cliff path! Can anyone advise re the best landmark for the start of the path on the San Stef side?

Offline CHRIS NO 2

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 11:22:09 PM »
we always go up the hill behind the juice bar but it depends where you are staying  :) :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 02:13:44 AM »
The hill (Cardiac Hill) by the Juice bar, as Chris say's  - up to the top turn left past Akrotori Bar (you'll need a nice cold one by now!!), 100 metres down-hill to the path.
or:
Follow the road out past the tennis courts and Perros Hotel, around the double bend to "T"-junction - turn right -past all the villas',
(this is a touch longer but not such a steep incline), follow road  - it comes out right by the path to Arillas.

YANNIS26

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
I'm embarrassed to say I have never walked the cliff path! Can anyone advise re the best landmark for the start of the path on the San Stef side?
Hi Sellsy
As you are staying at the Romanza I believe the best and most scenic route along the cliff path is as follows.
Take the path from the Romanza to the beach.
Turn left to the far end of the beach & up the slip road.
Turn left for about 15 mtrs and turn right on a path that takes you up the side of the Golden Beach Taverna
You need to walk up a small slope towards a public
telephone and continue to walk up the hill along side the taverna keeping the public telephone
behind you.
About half way up the hill, at a concrete post! a lane to your right leads you via a steep gravel
path to the top of the cliff, passing a lonely house on your right hand side, you will soon see a
small chapel at the very top of the hill. This path is steep and mainly consists of loose sand and
gravel, and should only be attempted in strong shoes "no flip flops"!
Follow the path along the top of the cliff and you will be treated to some breathtaking views of
the surrounding countryside and sandy beach of San Stefanos to your left and towards Arillas to
your right.
A slight de-tour to visit the small chapel at the peak is recommended.
Follow the path along the cliff top after a few minutes, looking for a "STOP" sign at the top of
the cliff, a small path will appear to your left. This path leads down to the town and joins the
main road at the corner behind the Tourist information office (route one).(You could return by this route if you wish)

Continue along the uphill path, keeping the sea to your right and San Stefanos to your left until it
starts to descend towards a group of houses. This is a great place to stop for a rest and enjoy the
view towards Arillas.
Follow the path to your right This path winds its way down the hill towards your destination
Arillas. The path has been slowly eroding into the sea over the last few years, and can be slippery
and difficult on your feet especially if its wet!
PS The main part of this route was copied from the San Stefanos Travel website.
There are a couple of Tavernas along the cliff path that may come in handy.
Yammas
Yiannis

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni