Author Topic: A weekend in san stef  (Read 12201 times)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
A weekend in san stef
« on: May 19, 2012, 02:29:52 PM »
We couldnt face another wet weekend in cumbria so gill and i took advantage of some amazing cheap flights and flew out to corfu yesterday arriving at the tsaros apartments which are fantastic! People are surprised we are only here for the weekend until i explain that it would have taken longer and cost more to have gone to london. Here in san stef everything is now open, the sunbeds were put out across the beach this morning and the beach has been cleaned, after a windy day yesterday today is calm warm and sunny so the village has a real happy summer feel to it. So whats new? The chinese is open and looks smart filling in a gap in the high street, the athina pool has a new beach hut at the end serving drinks and snacks to the pool and beach, there is a new supermarket near spiros bikes. Most hotels are open but the perros is still shut for some reason. Last night is was surprisingly busy, we ate at the little prince which was over half full, spiros is back and competing with thenasis to be the best dancer! Prices generally are the same as last year but with the local exchange rate of 1.23 its a lot cheaper you can eat out for less than £10 each with wine. As for the crises there is no sign of it here the corfiets say its a mainland problem. Must get back to my mythos i only have two days left! Andy

Offline romanza man

• SanStef Regular
  • July 2014
    • View Profile
Re: A weekend in san stef
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »
 :)It`s so good to hear first hand that everything is up and running, just checked the web cam and it looks good with the nice blue sky. The only problem is that that we are not there enjoying it. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and i hope the weather stays fine for you.

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:00:45 PM »
Nice to hear the first report of the year, and that everything seems well. Hope things remain that way!
Good to hear that the locals consider it a mainland problem - although if the worst happens then i fear that the islands may suffer as badly as the mainland.
Enjoy the Mythos Andy!! Have one for all of us stuck in a cold uk.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2012, 07:04:23 PM »
Andy - how FAB is that!  A weekend in Ag Stef - how I hate the fact that I have to have school hols!  Enjoy.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »
Many thanks for the update, its reassuring to hear that things appear normal and prices are not dissimilar to last year. Lots of things may still to happen before the main season but it is nice to see SS busy and functioning well so early.  Just out of interest did you take a private transfer from the airport? Wondering re fuel and taxi prices this year? Hope the weather holds and you enjoy your weekend.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 09:56:52 PM »
Gillywoo/Andy,

Great to get feedback.  I was actually thinking about posting a new topic regarding the new chinese restaurant.  Have you tried it?  That sounds great by the way, spending a long weekend in San Stef.  Did you just arrive and trawl the hotels or had you already booked?

don

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 10:34:03 PM »
Gill and Andy we are so jealous. Nearly did the same thing last weekend.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
Andy - - -
Now you've given me food for thought - I get 6 days off every 7 weeks - which can push up to 9 with 3 A/L days, and E/Jet fly most days!!
I could squeeze a crafty week in somewhere!
Who did you book the flights and accommodation with?
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »
Hi everyone,

Its another lovely morning here and its already 22c.

Although we have only come for 3 days it seems longer than that probably because we come to San Stef so often.

We put the weekend together by flying out from Birmingham with Thomsons (£75each) and back with Thomas Cook  (£25 each!), these prices were well below those for Easyjet or Ryan Air and the flight times are great.

We booked the Tsaros through Thomsons and paid £33 for a two bedroom apartment, that works out at £5.50 a day each, remarkable good value.

Its aleways worth checking Thomson/Thomas Cook flight prices because at short notice they are often cheaper than Easyjet etc.

To get to San Stef we hire a car through Corfu Value Plus, it was £60 and even after we put petrol in that works out £30 cheaper than booking a taxi and you have a car for the weekend!

Other news, the Sunset Bar is open despite what I heard, the Olga is having a face lift and the Delphino Blue still isnt finished. The Havana Bar has also had a facelift and looks very smart.

We went to the Athina Pool yesterday and was greeted with big smiles and handshakes by George, I have never seen him so cheerful!

We are finding that our money is going much further because of the exchange rate so San Stef is really good value this year, Taverna prices are very good but supermarkets are still expensive.

Half Term will be expensive but Thomsons are now selling a week at the Theresas in late June for just £275 including breakfast and transfers, that really is fantastic value so why anyone would want to book a souless All Inclusive resort is beyound me.

Anyway, off to Arillas now to walk off the excess alcohol following last nights binge drinking at the Little Prince!

Yammas!

Andy

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 05:57:41 PM »
Thanks for the village up dates Andy. It is always nice to hear how things are over there. Enjoy the rest of your week end and as you have said a week end there can work out much cheaper than a week end in London. I'm sure this has given a few people food for thought. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
Thank you Andy for that brilliant breakdown of how you sorted your weekend! Awesome

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2012, 03:11:08 AM »
Thanks Andy - all good news!! Thanks for the flight details!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »
Welcome from your weekend and thank you.....................................................................

for bringing the sun back with you! :)

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 07:57:29 PM »
Thanks for the info Andy glad to hear nothing much has changed roll on 13th July 8)

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:56:59 PM »
13 July, same day as us.  Going from Bristol on the evening Easyjet flight.  Where are you staying?  We are back at Anotoli and, as always, looking forward to it.  Good to know the beach is looking good and news that the path to Arillas has been restored. 

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni