Author Topic: Hello and thank you!  (Read 8230 times)

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Hello and thank you!
« on: May 20, 2012, 12:47:11 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm new and going to San Stef for the first time in August and I just wanted to thank you all for this forum! It's been sooo useful so far, I've learnt so much about the place and if it's possible am now even more excited about my holiday! I'm staying at Barras just me and my 9 year old daughter and it all sounds perfect!  :D

YANNIS26

Re: Hello and thank you!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 01:30:01 PM »
Hi Georgie
Welcome to the forum.I am sure you and you daughter will have a great time in San Stefanos.If you have any questions about the Barras or any aspect of the village please post them. One of the members will do their best to answer them.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 03:17:51 AM »
We stayed at Barras a couple of times now.
Lovely Apartments, basic, as most Greek apt's are. Well cleaned and serviced, smallish but nice pool.
The Apartments are some of the older ones in the resort, but were re-furbished a few years ago.
Very spacious - and contain everything you will need - any problems just see George.
Well situated on the corner, 5 mins walk max, from any of the roads onto the beach.
Opposite a shop and bakery, close to all the bars and restaurants, including the Barras!!
You will enjoy it!
Tony
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 02:49:56 PM »
Thanks Yiannis and Tony!

I think most of my questions have already been answered by all the other posts, this place is brilliant!  Barras looks lovely, I'm sure we will enjoy it!

Only 88 days until I plant myself on one of those sunbeds on the beach, cannot wait!! And an opportunity to practice all the Greek I've been learning!

Offline lizzie

• SanStef Addict
  • hair by Patricia - San Stefanos
    • View Profile
Re: new Barras Aparts.
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 06:32:56 PM »

Father and sons have built a pool and snack bar at the Sofia Rooms with loads of help from Mother (Sofia )- looking forward to an early dip before breakfast. I love having a pool to myself in the early morning.   QUIETLY.   ;D
LIZZIE

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 11:21:04 PM »
Hi Georgie, and welcome!
We stayed at the Barras last year and had a fab time, it is in a busy spot ( well busy for San Stef !) but we soon adjusted to the setting and it was great to be so close to bars and restaurants. Debbie put a review on tripadvisor around August last year with a fair bit of detail. Happy to help here in any way we can.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 02:08:23 AM »
Thanks Yiannis and Tony!

I think most of my questions have already been answered by all the other posts, this place is brilliant!  Barras looks lovely, I'm sure we will enjoy it!

Only 88 days until I plant myself on one of those sunbeds on the beach, cannot wait!! And an opportunity to practice all the Greek I've been learning!
It's a pleasure - have a great holiday.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 02:40:28 AM »
Hi Georgie and welcome to the forum think youwill agree that its great to find information from people that have stayed in the village.We met a single mum a couple of years ago at the Nafsica she had a teenage son  and was worried that the village was to quiet but it soon made friends at the hotel and his mum was happy to let him wander off round the village with his new friends safely think you will have a great time everyone is so friendly

Offline Georgie2002

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »
Thanks for the welcome guys! I have a feeling I might never want to come back from San Stefanos! :D

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
You might not want to come back but you will definitely want to go again :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni