Author Topic: Perros Hotel  (Read 9071 times)

Offline duchessedna

• View Profile
Perros Hotel
« on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:52 PM »
Hi all newbie here, could I ask for some advice please? We have decided on AG for our hols this year & have been offered a good price for HB at the Perros Hotel. Does anyone know what the food is like? We are debating between the BB & HB options. Many thanks for any advice :)

YANNIS26

Re: Perros Hotel
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
Hi Duchessedna
Welcome to the forum.I have never stayed at the Perros but it has a brilliant reputation.It has 18 reviews on Trip Advisor and all of them rate it excellent.It is located on the flat close to the village centre.I am sure other forum members who have had the pleasure of staying at the Perros will give you more info.Whatever your final choice I am sure you will have a great holiday.San Stefanos is a very friendly resort with many first class Tavernas.Add to this a great beach and magnificent scenery.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 07:34:05 PM »
We stayed there twice a few years ago (on a self catering basis) and loved it. We did eat there and the food was always good. We still pop in every year for a catch up and the food always looks good. The only reason we don't stay there now is because we moved from package to do it yourself and stay elsewhere in the village.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
We stayed at the lovely Perros in 2010.  Super family, lovely clean and large rooms with fridge, kettle and sink. Good pool - we booked half board.  The breakfasts were nice and dinner was always freshly cooked but there is a lot of competition in the village - as there are lots of fab places to eat.  We booked half board but didn't stay there for all the nights - the food was ok but better at other places.  This is not a criticism as I could not fault this lovely hotel - I just didn't think out of the box - I wished I had booked dinner for a few nights and bed and breakfast for the rest - get the best of both worlds then.  They also include transfers which is lovely, Nicola took us back to the airport and it felt so personal.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 12:43:39 AM »
Likewise - we have also not stayed there but have visited and it's great.
Food wise - over the years we came to realise that it's so nice to get B&B and then try eating in different places at night.
That's what makes our holiday there - but whatever you choose - it will be great!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline duchessedna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 12:56:20 AM »
Hi guys, thankyou so much for your replies & advice. We are trying to decide between the very competitive price for HB & the temptation of trying all the lovely eateries in the village! Perhaps we will look at costings for B&B in other places. Decisions decisions.......... Thanks again :)

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 01:45:29 PM »
I know what you mean....................that's what I meant when I said I shoudl have 'thought out of the box' - you can book some half board and some just breakfast there - others did that when we were there.  As for value for money for the food - you really cannot beat it!  I really liked the Perros but I did miss the view of that gorgeous beach! Saying that I would go back to the Perros - it was just so clean and friendly and we had a balcony facing the back and it was lovely and peaceful

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 09:01:23 PM »
Deffo go B&B....the village has so many nice places to eat!

Offline Susan J

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:25 PM »
We have stayed at the Perros B & B for the last 3 years and will be back again in September.  Can't fault it.  Yes, you don't get the sea view and there is some traffic noise from the road, but the welcome and service make up for it.  Its tough to decide on B & B or HB but on balance would say B & B in AS gives you the chance to eat in some other fab places and get to know the village and if you don't feel like the short walk to the centre, then you could stay in for a meal.    Whatever you choose you won't be disappointed so have a great time.

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
Where is the Peros ? I don't remember seeing that hotel.

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2012, 07:00:10 PM »
The Perros is up the road to Arillas - with Barras on the corner, past Ozzy oils on your left and town pizza, past the road on the left leading to Mythos and Rose Garden Apartments and just past the Paradise on your left is the PERROS HOTEL on your right - with the lovely pool being alongside the road!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni