Author Topic: Thomas Cook  (Read 4259 times)

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Thomas Cook
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:29:20 AM »
Hi all,

Flying with Thomas Cook for the first time in July because the flight times were better than Easyjet from Bristol but I'm hearing awful things about leg room on their planes. Does anyone have experience of them and if so how good/bad is it?

I'm 6`1" and need a little bit more room than most.

When God created Wales he was just showing off

Offline anniefuff

• View Profile
Re: Thomas Cook
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 01:07:17 AM »
We flew with them from Newcastle last year but it was Mint Airlines -- Spanish it was awful --worst flight we have ever had in over 30 years

of holidaying abroad.The legroom was awful my husband is 6'2 and I am 5'9 .

When we got home I wrote to Thomas Cook and complained -- answer -- no other complaints were received and the legroom was within the

regulated size.

Hope you are luckier

Offline Rob.tc

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 01:32:10 AM »
Always a lottery when you are tall - I'm 6' 1".
Flown with Thomas Cook a few times and found that on some flights it's been OK on others its has been pretty poor, just depends on what plane you happen to get.
You could pay for the extra leg room seats although I reckon they are a bit of a rip off, although occasionally they try and sell them off cheap at check-in depending on what time of the season you are travelling.
Generally I tend to put up with it as it is only just over a 3hr flight.

Offline katie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
We also flew with Mint Airlines from Newcastle last year and agree it was the worst flight we had ever experienced.  Our local Thomas Cook shop said they had had a lot of complaints about the cramped conditions.   Despite the awful flight we have booked with Thomas Cook again this year as we like to stay at the Kapetanios Apartments.  This week we received a letter from Thomas Cook saying that they have contracted SmartLynx (apparently a Latvian company) to assist them with their flying programme for the 2012 summer season.   I do not know if this is just for Newcastle flights or if it applies to any other airports but hope their aeroplanes are better than the Spanish Mint ones.

Katie

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni