Author Topic: Has Thomsons dropped Tsaros Apartments ?  (Read 50381 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Has Thomsons dropped Tsaros Apartments ?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 03:04:06 PM »
No reasons given? It's hard to tell if others are affected - no 2013 on Thompson web site yet...

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 06:56:49 PM »
No reason given to me Jimbo, but probably find out more when Thanassis gets back to me. I wonder if it is Thomson's trying to nudge people into the half board/all inclusive so they can make more money. Damn shame this, as Tsaros has been with them since 1997 and all the many times I have been there they are always fully booked. Ah well Tsaros gain and Thomson's loss as far as I am concerned as I will still keep going twice a year and Tui will not get my money anymore, and likely all the other regulars will do likewise >:( >:(
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
Are you sure it's not the hill? It's not possible to get a coach up there. It does look wonderful, I must say - but I wouldn't want to carry much up there in the heat!

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
Jimbo

Could the same not be said for the Romanza if thats the case.  I am sure the hill is steeper there.
it does say in the brochure that there is a steep incline so people are aware of what to expect

Offline Gordonc

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
From talking to people around the village, Tsaros is definitely dropped as said above. There may be a couple of others, I'll try and get more info. Not great news if they have to sell independently.

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 10:30:17 AM »
Julied

Can't get coaches up there. But then, who knows what Thomsons' strategic plan is????

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »
To be fair the Romanza has a good car park/entrance so plenty of room to reverse out etc

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 01:04:27 PM »
There is no problem with getting to the Tsaros as Nikos picks/drops everyone at the Barros for the coach.

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
thank goodness for that swedebasher as when we go we are taking our daughter and grandaughter with us
I dont think John would have made it up that hill with 4 cases he is 61. It would have been funny to wach.

YANNIS26

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 07:25:27 PM »
Jimbo

Could the same not be said for the Romanza if thats the case.  I am sure the hill is steeper there.
it does say in the brochure that there is a steep incline so people are aware of what to expect

Hi Julied
The Romanza is on the main road so there is not a problem.As Jimbo says the road to the Tsaros is not wide enough for the bus.I can't see this as the reason for Thomsons decision.As Swedebasher says Transport has always been provided from the Thomson drop off point at the Barass to the Tsaros.As is said in earlier postings the Tsaros is fully booked on a regular basis so there reason for dropping it is very unclear. I would like to wish it all the best for next season on whatever road it takes.I have never stayed there but have made many a stop at its wonderful pool bar for the odd Mythos after a walk around to Arilas and beyond.
Yammas
Yiannis
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:43:12 PM by YIANNIS26 »

Offline Welshone

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 05:38:01 PM »
I have received a similar email from Thomsons:

I regret to advise that we no longer offer holidays at the Tsaros Apartments and I am sorry for any disappointment that this may cause.  We continue to offer a wide range of accommodation in the San Stefanos area, and would suggest that you check our website for alternatives.

Philip

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »
Seems like Thomson cutting there own throats if people enjoy staying will book without them not look for alternatives

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 07:38:37 PM »
This all smacks of Arillas again. When I went there in 1990 you could choose from several places, now there is just Kaloudis and Mathraki that are with Thomson/First Choice.

Offline abbo

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 11:24:52 PM »
Personally delighted as we can now book us five into his apts. Also we can book holiday durations that suit us, and we can be happy that Thannissis gets the money in his pocket to support his family.

We will do our very best to drum direct trade up for him, and I think they can really make a good go of it independently.

The customers they get from Thomsons can be hard work with little return anyway, i.e not as much bar trade these days etc. If he goes B&B for direct bookings, throws in a 10pm Happy Hour of sorts, they will thrive.

Modern life throws these kind of challenges at all of us, and they can definitely come out of this the right way.

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2012, 09:30:10 AM »
abbo

As you said personally and that it what it is. My Personal feeling is that most people dont want
Bed and Breakfast, that is why they book an apartment and not a hotel, as for happy hour why
is that not done now why wait until they go independant.
I am certainly not slating the Tsaros Apartments as I am going myself in August

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni