Author Topic: Spoilt for choice 2012!  (Read 54636 times)

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilt for choice 2012!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 06:44:56 PM »
Like most of you, I cannot say we had a really bad meal (perhaps Nafsika just the once when the prawns had not been cleaned, the wife complained of grit and sand being present).  However, here we go;

1. Olympia (excellent everytime we have been)

2. Mythica (dont bother with starter and just get the bread with olive paste)

3. Sunset  (proper Greek food)

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »
This is sooooo difficult. I would probably go with:
Nafsika (despite the fact that we had very bad service ther last year)
Olympia.
Ozzie oils ...

But not necessarily in that order.

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »
Wow a flurry of reviews which will be so usefull to guests and newbies. An interim update which may suprise regulars as its a wee bit different from the last spoilt for choice?

Lets call this point the 'rest between starters and mains' in the poll, as I hope many more reviews are yet to land , the top 5 to date
 ( 1st choice = 3 points 2nd = 2  3rd = 1)

Gold medal spot .........30 points............Olympia   ( guess they had a great 2011 season ?)
                                           Silver medal spot.........13 1/2 points......Mythica   ( still popular but way behind top spot )
                                           Bronze medal spot........12 points...........Nafsika    ( pushing for runner up spot this year ?)

In the running for medals    Ozzie Oils       9 1/2               
                                                                                Zorbas           9
                                                                                Beachcomber  8
As I say, it can all change, so keep voting gang,  Cheers

don

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2012, 10:55:21 PM »
That is really strange as Olympia never gets hyped like most other taverna.. It's customers must think the food and service from Vasillis and Stelios speaks for itself.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2012, 11:03:31 PM »
Don, took us four years to get to Olympia but it was really worth it.

The other one is Sunset. I mentioned last year we went there on our 50th night in San Stef and then wondered why its quietness put us off. The food is terrific and Spiros? really makes you feel so welcome. When we go back to SS then Sunset will be visited again. It is good, but Don't let the quietness put others off popping in, rgds

don

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
Don, took us four years to get to Olympia but it was really worth it.

The other one is Sunset. I mentioned last year we went there on our 50th night in San Stef and then wondered why its quietness put us off. The food is terrific and Spiros? really makes you feel so welcome. When we go back to SS then Sunset will be visited again. It is good, but Don't let the quietness put others off popping in, rgds

Couldn't agree with you more. I find it strange to say that the places we have been most disappointed with have been the most hyped. Possibly because you end up expecting too much. Another rarely mentioned place that we have always had a great night at is Paradise.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 11:45:39 PM by don »

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »
We have always liked Olympia. Food is always superb as is the service and welcome you get every time. :)
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 11:38:22 AM »
Hey Rod  don't bother with the starter at the Mythica?  Wehad the ones of our life - especially the salmon and spinach and poached egg with the hollandaise sauce...............I say have the bread, then the starter and go to Olympia for the pud!

LOVE the Nafsika's food - Theodora cooks like a dream and her dolmades are the very best.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2012, 03:32:49 PM »
I still have the Kokkinisto recipe that I scribbled down from Katy at the Romanza.....cooked it a few times....lovely....deffo the best thing we ate during that holiday

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 07:39:14 PM »
I've got it too, and it is delicious!!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 09:04:25 PM »
That's areally good idea to keep score!
I have only tried the Sunset once and can honestly say that it was one of the least good meals I have ever had in San Stef. Maybe I need to give it another go. Anyone can have an off night. It was very very quiet and the food was mediocre and unfortunately cold (even for Greek standards!)

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »
Some great posts here folks but I think we need a few more top three's for the final totals to have real integrity, perhaps the mid point totals derailed the focus a little? Could I ask regulars who have not posted their top trio to consider doing so, the higher the sample group, the greater validation to the medal positions, cheers .

Offline Dronny Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2012, 11:00:44 PM »
Have not posted very often on here, but an avid reader. (We have stopped at the Vicky apartments for the last two years).

Our favourites, based on the full package (food, wine, service, hospitality, price etc)

1)  Yannis
 2)  Little Prince
 3)  Ozzie Oils

Offline shelly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2012, 12:07:34 AM »
1st olympica not only great food but the best house wine (in my humble opinon of course). 2nd Mythica and 3rd Beachcomer.

Offline sandra

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2012, 12:21:03 AM »
1) Little Prince
2) Ozzy Oils
3) Olympia

23 june Little Prince for Sizzling Steak

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni