Author Topic: Booked and Returning  (Read 19501 times)

Offline skiingemu

• View Profile
Booked and Returning
« on: February 11, 2012, 12:07:39 PM »
Returning to SS this year returning to Thomas Bay on 24th August  :)

Janet

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
Re: Booked and Returning
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »
Hi Janet, Thomas bay is pretty central for just about everything in SS, restaurants, bars,and the beach close by, not suprised many people return there. hope you have a good time. We were just along the road at the Barras last year, once we got used to the busyness of the t junction we were fine. This year, Aug 27th, we're back to the Romanza, cant wait , cardiac hill training programme in full swing!

Offline skiingemu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 07:49:05 PM »
Hi  was there 2 years ago and enjoyed  got a good deal for 10 nights so returning there prefer to be down around that area although we do go out for  walks up that way

Gavlah1973

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 09:54:58 PM »
Sellsy you jammy sod!!

Kefalonia for us in June!! Needed to squeeze in an early holiday!!!

Would love to go to the Romanza again though!!!

Offline Sellsy

• SanStef FANATIC
  • Cardiac hill, it really is worth it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 12:55:25 AM »
Hi Gav, we've got one week this year, not the biggest budget, needed the safest, surest way of a much needed relaxing break, whatever way we looked at things the Romanza came out tops. Any first timers or those not sure re whether to travel to SS -  this is our sure bet and recommendation for a great holiday.
 Hope you enjoy Kefalonia Gav, will watch for your report on Trip advisor! Been to Trapezaki a while back, fab time there too.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 12:13:18 PM »
Cant wait!!!

Also looking forward to visiting Ithaca again! That was an amazing island! Shame we cant have a picture section on here where we can share photos!!

All being well, and providing Greece and the world hasnt gone into meltdown, we shall be back at the Romanza next year!!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »
Liked Kefalonia myself but interestingly haven't been back.  It's funny isn't it - i don't seem to return anywhere except Ag Stef.  I limit myself to once every two years - yet still yearn to return..........

Gavlah1973

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 08:30:11 PM »
Know what you mean Debra, we vowed to return back to Kef and it's taken us 4 years!! We found both islands and the resorts similar. The hotel we stayed in in Skala just shaded the Romanza facilities wise but the atmosphere and friendliness at the Romanza was better!!
Definately my two favourite holidays places that I've been to so far!

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:25 PM »
Gavlah, we have been to Kef for the last 7 years and decided to try somewhere different this year.  Picked San Stef just because I liked the look of it and reading on here how everyone loved it, so will be interesting if I feel the same as you and think Kef and SS are both brill!  Hope so and I am so glad we picked SS to try as seems everyone loves it and cant wait to go and see for ourselves.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 09:56:28 PM »
Soulie, the wife and I have been to Kefalonia, although not Skala, and we think San Stef is truly the best.  We just feel that it has that Greek feel but with such a lovely bunch of Brits that are of similar ilk.  It's dificult to explain actually to others that have not sampled San Stef.  You will certainly not be disapointed.

Gavlah1973

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 10:17:09 PM »
Soulie/Rod

I think San Stef was very much like Skala, similar size and also similar number of Tavernas etc. The beach in San Stef is miles better than Skala. The 9 Muses in Skala was of a slightly better standard than the Romanza in San Stef but I did find the warmth of welcome better and more personal at the Romanza!! Both hotels had a great bunch of guests and I enjoyed the lazy days around the pool at both hotels!!
If I'm being honest I did think the food we had in our two weeks in Kef to be of a slightly better standard than Corfu but wouldnt complain about any dishes!

don

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »
Stayed in Skala once and have to agree on the beach.... Narrower than Arilas too. Thought the warmth of welcome was every bit as good as San Stef from the moment we arrived - Midnight - and a restaurant reopened it's kitchen and cooked for us.
Would definitely go there again..

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2012, 09:11:56 PM »
I always stay in Lassi when we go Kef but visited Skala.  I think I have made a good choice this year to visit SS and cant wait.  It will be interesting to see where we prefer and where we book for next year  ;D

Offline shelly

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2012, 10:23:40 PM »
Hi. we also spent for 4 enjoyable holidays in Lassi before deciding on a change and choosing San Stefanos. This year will be our 10th consecutive visit ... hope you love it as much as us

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
This will be our 5th holiday in San Stef, we are staying at the Baras again this year as loved it there, we are going 24th August for 2 wks,
just can,t wait to get back there. We have met some lovely people.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni