Author Topic: San Stefano Travel - Your Local Travel Agent: New Ideas for 2012  (Read 8178 times)

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
We have been thinking ahead for Summer 2012 and of new and exciting ways for you to explore the North West coast of Corfu, and we think weve come up with the perfect combination. How does a walk from San Stefanos to Canal D'Amour via Cape Drastis sound to you? OK? Well what if we add in a boat trip too, sounding better!? This exhillerating route allows you to explore the extroadinary coastline on foot one way, and on your return journey rest your tired legs onboard Nearchos and set sail from Canal D'Amour back to San Stefanos, mirroring your route and enabling you to take in the most famous coastline in Corfu from two perspectives. The natural wonders that are Canal D'Amour and Cape Drastis are so close to San Stefanos, and yet many of you may never have experienced their beauty. San Stefano Travel aims to bring the hidden treasures of the island to light and make them accessable to all so that return visitors have something different to look forward to time after time. Below is the link to our facebook page where you can have a sneak peak at the amazing photos we took from Cape Drastis & Canal D'Amour.
Let us know what you think and if you have a good idea for an excursion, feel free to contact us and we'll see what we can do!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/San-Stefano-Travel/189438524425729?ref=ts

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefano Travel - Your Local Travel Agent: New Ideas for 2012
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:39:12 PM »

This sounds wonderful and the wife and I will certainly book the trip when we visit in June.

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 07:53:39 PM »
I'll try the trip if if can sit next to you on the boat trip back Cerys!!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 02:54:51 AM »
Naughty Waspman! But I know what you mean.

Lovely idea for a walk. The sandstone cliffs between Agios Stephanos and Sidari are wonderful to look at, if not to stand underneath!

Another suggestion: Afionas is beautiful. We walked from Ag Stef there and back, much to Dimtris' (Little Prince) amazement. "You WALKED to Afionas and back????"

So - minibus to Afionas, explore village; downhill walk to Agios Georgios; explore village; minibus to some other village in the hills; back home. Or some suitable variation.

Offline Rod

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 08:33:37 PM »

That also sounds good Jimbo but I have to agree with Dimitris, thats some walk you did there!

Offline lilly

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2012, 11:01:11 PM »
We also walked to Afionas and then carried on to Agios Georgios north, a lovely and beautiful,relaxing walk, had our lunch at a Taverna which was high up and  overlooking Agios Georgios bay[ can't remember name], lovely food and friendly hosts and a view to die for, tbh we found the walk there and back quite easy, I suppose it depends on your fitness levels but well worth it to see the beautiful views that are on offer. 

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 01:23:17 PM »
I remember a few years ago meeting a couple where the wife went on the boat trip to Paleo and her husband walked there from the village and got the boat back - now that was a walk!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni