Author Topic: Regulars  (Read 22488 times)

Offline AdamG

• View Profile
Regulars
« on: April 08, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »
I thought it would be interesting to find out how many people on here have been to San Stef before. 

Ill start,.. my first visit was at the tender age of 8, i think?!  I stayed in an apartment block which has now been replaced by the Thomas Bay Hotel!!  I have been back most years since staying at The Golden Sun, as it was called way back when, then Stamatis, and then further up the hill to the Olgas.  I have also stayed at the Vicki and a an apartment by a pool further up the hill past the Therasa's, the name escapes me now though!! 

Basically most of my childhood holidays were spent in San Stef so I have seen lots of changes over the years, but it still has that special something that keeps me coming back!!  Something that other places I have visited just dont quite manage to do!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Regulars
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
First stayed at Belle Vue in 2000 which are now being renovated by Casa Delphino and since then always at Teresa. Is the other place Kapetanios that you mention just up from Teresa?
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline AdamG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »
It might be actually, its on the next bend up the hill!! 

Offline Lisa

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • Netmums
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:59:38 PM »
This will be our 3rd time staying in San Stef, but 8th holiday in Corfu (have also stayed in arillias, st george south and ag gordios).
We have previously stayed at the Perros and at a little apartment up the hill by the church (can't remember what it was called, but it was past a block of apartments with a nice pool!). this year we are staying at the olga. 
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 02:52:33 PM by Lisa »

Offline bobthebuilder

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 10:25:31 PM »
Hi all
This will be our 4th vsit to san stef, always used to stay at The Little Prince but this year we will be staying at The Kapitanios. We've had 9 great holidays on Corfu previously we used to go to sidari till it got minging. Havent been to san stef for two years, went to Stoupa on the Greek mainland 2 years ago and last year we went to Hungary as my parents live there, we visit once every year but decided to go twice last year ;D

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 12:28:10 AM »
hi all , been to san Steph for nine years now. First couple of years to the Efi with Thomsons as it worked out cheaper with free child places etc....  since then have stayed in theodora (by tennis courts), moros (by tsaros pool) and Dimtra ... all with Noula at San Steph travel. Tried Kos last year.... but missed San steph so much...going back for a month this year... july 28 onwards... cant wait.

joan

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 01:26:39 AM »
Our first time was Paralia, then Olga, Mikalis,Bellvue several times.Back to the Olga for a few times more. After that Theodora and Garden Villas, Limani and Moros.Currently stay with friends Have stayed in Arrilas but prefered San Stef, now clocking up to about 16 years of hols in San Stef.

Offline SueLa

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 02:48:56 AM »
This will be our second visit this year but I am sure it won't be our last, so I am not sure we are classed as regulars.
Mind you it is the first time we have visited the same place twice.

Fell in love with the place, wish we had found it sooner.

Stayed in The Athena  Hotel last year but are staying in the apartments that belong to the Athens Bar oppisite the Aquarious Bar

Can't wait

Sue & John
A smile is a frown turned upside down

don

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 08:52:12 AM »
First visited in 1999. We stayed at Thomas Bay and immediately fell in love with the hotel, local people and resort. No particular order. We go twice most years and still love it as much as ever. We have also stayed at Kathy's Studios through Sunset Taverna, Vicky, Olga And Barras. This year we are booked into Barras, Efi and Stamatis. Unfortunately only two holidays!!! We have been 15 times before this year.   
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:03:05 AM by don »

Offline Sarah

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 02:34:28 PM »
I have stayed In San Stefanos only once which was last year at the Tereza appartments.  We have been going to Corfu on and off for nearly 20 years and every year we spend at least one day of our holiday at San Stefanos.  We are not going to Corfu this year but hopefully will be in San Stefanos next year.

Offline sharris

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 08:29:19 PM »
First went in June 2000 and stayed at Romanza, which was lovely.

Always wanted to go back but never did it until last year, and now have the bug !! Went in May (Romanza) and September (Teresa).

Now booked for May (23 sleeps to go !!!) and September x 2 wks for this year.

Can see myself going back year after year now, am addicted.

Sarah  ;D

Offline Helen

• SanStef Hero
  • Helen & Graham
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 11:22:42 PM »
went to san stef for the 1st time last yr and loved the laid back atmosphere, this is the 1st time we have stayed in the same place twice  ;D , been to arillas and paleo , we love corfu

Offline Tony S

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 03:32:07 PM »
This will be our 5th time. First was Argiris, at the top of the hill near Romanza in 2001. Then Romanza and the Athina twice. Staying at Olga's this year.

Watched the Athina being built in 2002  ::)  ::) , never thought we'd be back the year after.

Tony.
Bye Bye Aaron and good luck

Offline AdamG

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 04:38:01 PM »
Its amazing how much the town has changed over the years but still it has that real "small and local" feel!!

Offline Martin

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 08:14:41 PM »
This will be our 3rd time in San Stef we have stayed in the Rose Garden previoulsy however this year we have booked everything independantly and are staying at the Fedra Mare near the church, can't wait!!!!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni