Author Topic: Flights to Corfu Summer 2012  (Read 22452 times)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Flights to Corfu Summer 2012
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 03:19:45 AM »
Different euro/drachma whatever, prices will have to be equivalent to keep up with market forces or others like Loftyscot will go elsewhere.
I agree with Jim who is saying hold fire if you don't have a good deal, so Lofty - all is not lost yet, hold on for a few months and monitor prices.
We got a good deal looking ahead, but if not we would have waited, even booked last minute, rather than be blackmailed by price,
and if it didn't work out - plenty of places to go, and always another date available when prices are good.
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline julied

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 10:02:43 AM »
just thought I would mention my experience this year regarding booking last minute.
Unfortunately we couldnt book until 3 weeks before departure I looked on the website everyday and every
time a seat on the plane had been booked or a room taken in any of the appartments in San Stef the price
went up not down. We eventually booked in the Olga appartments (which were great by the way) but we
payed well over the odds of what we would have payed had we booked early

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:55 PM »
So what if they do, they will not turn away tourists which are their biggest money spinner for them. Roll on the drachma!
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 11:44:12 PM »
That's right, they can't shut the country, people have to earn money to live, just a bit of a mess - then look at Italy - - much worse!

Offline Jaxbubbles

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 11:50:35 PM »
Hi Loftyscot, Thomsons from Edinburgh is £328 on the 20th July. We are thinking of flying from Newcastle with Jet2.com which is about £100 cheaper each. I hope the Olga do well without Thomsons,

don

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 12:30:45 AM »
Slightly off topic.... Just booked Jet2 to Tenerife from Manchester and Glasgow £50 cheaper and same morning take off time.. May have to move back home!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 09:44:25 AM by don »

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 12:53:18 AM »
Just booked Jet2 to Tenerife and Glasgow...

Is that dual-centre holiday?

don

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 09:44:38 AM »
Is that dual-centre holiday?

Tilt !!!!

Offline Tredegar Boy

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 08:34:51 PM »
Message for Lesley and all you other Stef fans - BMI baby don't fly from Bristol - more's the pity as competition is good. :(
When God created Wales he was just showing off

YANNIS26

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2012, 03:36:22 PM »
I refused to book my flights with Thomsons as their 14 day flights from the North East are at ridiculous prices.It is now April 11th and they still want 620 pounds for 2 flights from Newcastle on the 15th June.I did not book with Easyjet as a late return to Manchester followed by a 140 mile drive is not ideal.While checking for cheaper flights today I went on Skyscanner and checked on one way flights to and from Corfu.
The outcome being I have booked 2 single flights both ways for a total cost of 356 pounds.
The strange thing is they are both with Thomson. In fact they are the same flights Thomsons want to charge 620 pounds for  two return flights.
This means I have saved 264 pounds by booking one way flights in both directions.
What a rip off world we live in.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2012, 08:10:53 PM »
When do you go and return Yiannis?

YANNIS26

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
When do you go and return Yiannis?
Hi Waspman
We will be at the Romanza  15th-29th June
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 02:01:23 AM »
Will only see you on our first day Yiannis as we arrive on the day that you leave (as last year).  We will make an effort to see you at The Romanza before you leave, what time do you depart from The Romanza??

YANNIS26

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24:21 PM »
I refused to book my flights with Thomsons as their 14 day flights from the North East are at ridiculous prices.It is now April 11th and they still want 620 pounds for 2 flights from Newcastle on the 15th June.I did not book with Easyjet as a late return to Manchester followed by a 140 mile drive is not ideal.While checking for cheaper flights today I went on Skyscanner and checked on one way flights to and from Corfu.
The outcome being I have booked 2 single flights both ways for a total cost of 356 pounds.
The strange thing is they are both with Thomson. In fact they are the same flights Thomsons want to charge 620 pounds for  two return flights.
This means I have saved 264 pounds by booking one way flights in both directions.
What a rip off world we live in.
Yammas
Yiannis
Yesterday must have been my lucky day.
The cheapest 14 day return flight on the 15th June out of Newcastle to Corfu however booked is now with Thomas Cook. The price has shot up to 584 pounds for 2 passengers.
Remind me to do Lotto this weekend.
Yammas
Yiannis

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2012, 11:12:18 AM »
We were lucky this year, I paid around £360 for two people from Gatwick, with nice flight times on Ejet,
inc Speedy Boarding and the usual "EXTRA's" like suitcases - bargain it now seems. (I booked last December),
Price today is almost £200 dearer.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni