Author Topic: Winding down  (Read 61208 times)

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Winding down
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 07:34:16 PM »
Yes, Ma'am!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
The sun is waiting till Gill and I come back out! ;D

Heavy rain and 22C forecast now for Friday!!!!

Offline benson

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
"Gravia and Akrotiri are still open, also Ozzie Oil, Mythica, Jannis, Condor, Waves, Manthos, Mistral, Town Pizza, 3W, Little Prince, Nafsica, Beachcombers, Summer Dreams, the snack bars, Glen's, 2Star."

How about Athens Bar - surely nico will see the season out ??

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »
We were in there last night. We'll be there again tonight to watch Greece try to get the one point they need to qualify for Euro 2012. It was actually quite cold - fleece time. There were four people including us and Lesley, so the joint was hardly rocking. The village was more or less deserted. We wandered down to Tasty Corner at about 9:30 and Condor's karaoke night had no singers and no audience.

Nikos said he'll stay open if it seems worth bothering, but may just open for a couple weekends.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »
Had a lovely evening (Athena Bar) catching up and the ole man enjoyed his Kebab (Tasty Corner) as well....all looking good weather wise for a meze lunch on Thursday, enjoy your day, suns out and the breeze a little warmer today, I'm off to Arillas  :)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 03:42:34 PM »
Heavy rain and 22C forecast now for Friday!!!!

Hi Jimbo,

Yep, it doesnt look too good does it, but after 11days of 30c+ temperatures in Lanzarote a cool Ionian breeze will almost be welcome!

You dont go to Corfu in October for the sun, its just not realistic, we are going for good food and to see old friends, I have my netbook so will catch up on some emails and Gill is happy with a Daily Mail crossword and a packet of fags!

A wet warm weekend in San Stef is better than a wet cold weekend in Cumbria!

I just hope the storms keep away from the Airport, I hate bumpy landings, might see you at the Airport if we are on time.

Andy

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »
There are people on the beach (what's left of it!) and in the sea. It's a glorious day for Gillie's birthday, and we spent a lovely few hours sitting up at Akrotiri reading in the sunshine.

What time is your plane due to land? We're due to take of at 15:15.

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
There are people on the beach (what's left of it!) and in the sea. It's a glorious day for Gillie's birthday, and we spent a lovely few hours sitting up at Akrotiri reading in the sunshine.

What time is your plane due to land? We're due to take of at 15:15.

Hi Jimbo,

We are due to land at 13.00, Thompson flight from Manchester, hopefully, we will bump into you having a crafty last fag outside departures!

Weather permitting we are planning to have lunch in one of our favourite Harbourside Taverna's in Kassipoi on the way to San Stef, we were there at Easter at the start of the season and it seems only fitting that we have a final lunch there at the end.

This is our 4th visit to Corfu in 2011, we are now on first name terms with immigration!

Has Dimitri moved the tables inside at the Little Prince or are some hardy souls still outside on our table?

Happy Birthday to Gillie, watch out for Dimitri's tunefull version of 'Happy Birthday' if you eat at the Little Prince.....ear plugs advisable!!

Andy

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 09:48:50 PM »
Happy Birthday Lovely Lady (Jimbo please pass on) hope you have fab evening and see you Thursday,

Also much warmer this evening so enjoy the match and love to Gillie xxxxxx Our temp control inside says 21c and its now almost 9pm cant be bad for October xxxxxx

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:53 AM »
Have a great birthday Gillie. We hope young James treats you like a queen for the day. Wish we could be there with you.
Happy birthday , love from Sandra & Don x x
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
A beautiful warm and sunny day here today in NW Corfu, phew was actually hot and had to put suncream on, mid October what a lovely treat for us all  8)

Offline Gillywoo

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »
Oh dear,

Looking at the weather charts for Friday Gill and I could be heading for a Don1 Special (plane aborts landing in Corfu and ends up in Kefalonia!).

Has Don secretly booked the Thomson 07:40 Manchester to Corfu I wonder :o

I think I will need a few drinks on the plane to calm my nerves!

Andy

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 11:16:11 PM »
and Kefalonia is just such a lovely island ask the Captain xxxx

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 12:00:59 AM »
Glorious weather today and tomorrow. Then, for once, all forecasts, the local seaweed spotters, Dimitris at LP, Maria at the paper shop, the dodgy donut man, the village Pappa, a couple of stray dogs we talked to on the way to the beach from which they are not banned, all agree that the weekend is going to be a sub-aquatic experience punctuated with very high-voltage electric discharges.

Could be a long Friday at the airport!

Lesley's being kind and optimistic as ever - the forecast for Kefalonia is just as bad. Still, Brindisi airport's supposed to be quite nice at this time of the year and it's only 17 hours on the ferry!!!!!

The good news - LP restaurant is staying open until Monday as a special concession to visiting royalty. :-)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 12:44:28 AM »
Also sign (I saw today) outside Makis and Sue's Beachcomber says open until end of October so that's another for the evening, then Kerry had taken over duties at mum & dad's (their on route to Ozzie now in Dubai) and the Juice Bar was open today opposite Margarita's.  We went to harbour and the little Kantina there was buzzing.... Phew it was warm we ended up in the little bar above San Stefanos, on route to Arillas,  Nikolettas it was warm and (although almost a local) needed suncream it was around 28c in the direct and low sun, phew, what a difference a day makes........

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni