Author Topic: San Stefanos ... Prices  (Read 16368 times)

Offline arebours

• View Profile
San Stefanos ... Prices
« on: September 14, 2011, 05:01:27 PM »
Hello all,

New forum member here! I've been to San Stef 4 times, but not since I was 13 last. I'm not 20 and myself and my GF are coming to stay this Friday for a week, weather is looking great! Anyways, I've got a few questions based around pricing, wondered if anyone would be so kind to answer them? :)

1.Price of beer/wine in a restaurant
2.Price of beer/wine for the fridge from a supermarket
3.Price of a meal when eating out (in general)

Also, is Town Pizza still open?!

Thanks!

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Re: San Stefanos ... Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »
Most places a large Mythos beer is 2.5 euros  and a glass of wine 2 euros  in a restaurant  or bar. Small carafes about 5. I'll ask hubby when I get home about supermarket prices.We got back on the 2nd  and wish we were still there. Have a great time . Pizza place is still there.

Offline Richard/Jackie/Nathan

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 07:54:56 PM »
For 3 of us the average cost of a meal based on 3 starters, 3 mains, a litre of house wine and either a couple of cokes or beers was around 40 - 45 Euros.

Draught beer 2.50 Euros and Nathan had a couple of great Pizzas from Town Pizza!

Offline matty39

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:40:56 AM »
HI MATE WE WAS THERE FOR 2 WEEKS END OF AUGUST AND FOUND THE PRICES VERY REASONABLE .TOWN PIZZA STILL THERE BUT WE DIDNT GET TO GO . OZZIE OILS AND MYTHICA BOTH NICE, NAFISKA ,LITTLE PRINCE , ZORBAS AND MISTRAL ALL GOOD 2 . HAD A BAD MEALL IN PARADISE AND 2 STARS BUT APART FROM THAT GREAT HOLIDAY

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 05:03:44 AM »
A glass of wine is surprisingly cheap as well - good wine too!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline swedebasher

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 08:51:55 PM »
Government just announced huge increases in vat and excise duties
above what has already been done. That is without them starting to pay income tax at 5000 euro nstead of 12000 euro. Looks like we will need deep pockets next year.
The Sopranos-la miglior serie in TV mai.
Mafiosa , Gomorra e Innan vi dör sono anche due serie eccellenti.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:47:10 AM »
Hi arebours

Recently returned from our 7th stay in San Stef  and yes   prices are a little bit more than previous years but they are still very reasonable     As has been said before Mythos - Amstel is about 2.3  2.5 Euros
   We enjoyed (several ) LITRE carafes of house wine at The Waves at 6.5 Euros  and litres were 9 Euros at Mythica ,Beachcomber and The Olympia , Many places do a " Meal Deal " A main meal and a glass of wine at around 7.5 Euros
   and that's  very good value  We were eating swordfish with a glass wine  ,and complimentary coffee , at the Olympia for 7.5 Euros  Compare that with the same meal in Norwich a few days ago Swordfish was £14.50 and a medium wine was £ 4.20 a glass   
   One thing which hasn't been mentioned is the exchange rate When the Euro was introduced we were getting about 1.6 Euros to the pound now it's around 1.1 and that makes a huge difference.
  Having said that I think prices will be a little more next year  There are many things which are priceless however  The Greek way of life. the Greek people  San Stefanos sunset , the beach and sea

One certain way to save money is not to buy a doughnut from that dreadful man on the beach !
Adventure before dementia

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 08:33:26 AM »
Just to show the comparison, in Goa 2 weeks ago, Linda and I had a three course meal,
around 10 drinks, 2 beers and eight double shorts with mixers, and paid less then £10 -
but the down side is Beaches in Goa are nowhere near as clean as in Corfu, and it's pretty third-world in a lot of areas.
I will say the sea food in Goa is fantastic though!
Prices in Mumbai and Delhi were closer to UK prices, but similar to Ag. Stefanos.

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 10:07:24 AM »
Hi tonyco1

Sounds like my kind of meal     Was there any food included ?

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 01:36:50 PM »
We went to Kerala, South India and prices for drinks there were very expensive more than UK and certainly more than Ag Stefanos as Kerala unlike Goa is a dry state (also unknown to us at the time, oops didn't do my homework) and you had to buy drinks 'under the table' which came in coffee cups and bottles of beer wrapped in newspaper, whilst sitting at the shacks on the beach.  However in our hotel a bottle of a simple Zinfandel Rose was almost 50 euros as this was served above table in wine glasses by the bottle!!!!! Loved Kerala but if we return to India it would definately be back to Goa.  Tony we found Bogmalo Beach (south Central) very clean although the sea cloudy but this was because of the time we went which was end of Monsoon so in Oct/Novcember the sea tends to be more cloudier then say later on in the season after Xmas time. Loved the beach shacks and the fresh fish and the lifestyle in general in Goa though and found Bombay a bit more like a busy rush hour at Oxford Circus tube but in the heat.......

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2011, 06:47:16 AM »
Hi tonyco1

Sounds like my kind of meal     Was there any food included ?
That was everything - so cheap to eat out in Goa, 3 course meal for two, plus 3-4 drinks each, average was £10-£13 a night

Offline tenbeech

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 07:48:42 PM »

Thats good value    Was the food good quality   At the other end of the scale ( for us ) we were paying around 75 Euros for two courses and a bottle of local wine in Sorrento  Italy

Even paid 1 Euro to use the toilet in Capri 

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 01:46:52 AM »
The food we had in India was all very good in the Restaurants, some fantastic quality, fresh fish right out of the sea,
Tiger Prawns like none we ever had before, and we had some great ones over the years!
We went very upmarket in Mumbai to eat - and it's as good or better than anywhere in the world - just cheaper!
In Delhi, we had an Italian that was average-good in a Mall, and another evening meal that matched the quality in Mumbai.
The worst meal was on the train to/from Agra I suppose, all included and not one to remember.

All in all - - no nightmare meals really.

Now looking ahead to the beginning of July'12, and the great food in Ag.Stefanos!!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni