Author Topic: Barras  (Read 3284 times)

Offline diane13

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
Barras
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »
Just got back from two wonderful weeks in San Stefanos.  Weather was just warmer than we thought it might be - we normally go about last two weeks in September and quite early May.  Thank goodness for the air con - we don't normally need it but would have been too uncomfortable without this time. Stayed at the Barras for first time - couldn't believe we were sitting on the balcony practically on the crossroads - we normally go to Romanza or Vickys but couldn't get booked in there this time - missed the views but it was quite interesting watching the comings and goings and Spiro at Silver Star the all the others sweeping up - what entertainment!!  Barras was OK though - large room although the shower was maybe the worst we have experienced in Greece in 25+ years.  Nothing spoiled our holiday though it was all great - just too hot to rush about so kept nipping over to the bakery for cheesecake etc.  Have just read the reviews on the donut man and am SO glad we didn't buy anything - I think he may have been in Roda about 4 years ago?  Anyway spoiled for choice for entertainment with Groucho, Jerry James and Keith Mitchell (I think) and of course Rick Shaw. Only went to Condor once this time to see the Legends - suppose they were OK.  Thought it was a bit odd though that they didn't start until 11.30pm with Rod Stewart (didn't get there at stayed listening to Jerry James (I know he gets a lot of stick but I dont think he takes himself too seriously and we enjoy it)  Didn't think much of the Michael Jackson tribute.  Loved our holiday though and the trip to the brewery - can't wait to go back in May.

Diane  :)

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
Re: Barras
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Hi Diane13. We arrived home last friday after 2 weeks at the barras, we had,nt stayed there before but thought it was great we had fab huge room and it was so clean one of the best places we have stayed in, were you there for 2 wks if so you must have been there for our second week. we are going back next August. Angela

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni