Author Topic: Back from Corfu  (Read 21760 times)

Offline Kathryn

• View Profile
Back from Corfu
« on: August 19, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »
 :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 06:34:13 PM by Kathryn »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
Re: Back from Corfu
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:59:02 PM »
Hi Kathryn,
We believe we saw you there, I think it was on the beach the day of the red car, somewhere near Athina.
I took some pictures of the car as well, it was dragged away eventually, after sinking to it's axles, when the tide washed the sand from under it's tyres.
I know exactly how you feel, as we had our 5 year old Grandson, who was great, but his 14 month old sister was exhusting as she had just learnt to walk, then run, then climb any steps / stairs in sight, and she had no fear!!
We did quite a few shifts baby-sitting, and meal times were hectic - but hey  - - we love them anyway!!
That's why we decided to book a holiday for just us two to Goa in October, to recover - lol
Next year in Ag.Stefanos, just the two of us again, probably in late june.
Tony and Linda

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150263176071452.326816.566056451&l=4bd8a12191&type=1
Photos of a wild day & others
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 04:15:37 AM by tonyco1 »
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
The doughnut man wasn't there earlier in the summer. He's a complete rip-off merchant, and really should be banned.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 06:27:59 PM »
Can't think of anything worse a sticky sugary do-nut in 36c covered in sand, where's the Mythos Man!!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 06:39:04 PM by Lesley »

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 09:37:44 PM »
The Doughnut Man, was there, and his prices high - we bought Doughnuts from the Bakery direct or from Margarita's,
together with a cut of Melon, cling-filmed and cool, served later from our silver coolbag.
This at prices one third less than the warm uncovered Melon and uncovered Doughnuts from the Beach Vendor.
I think it was €3 for a Doughnut! - no sign of hygiene present!

Offline cornishmaid18

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 02:43:37 PM »
On the hygiene front.....we watched him from the hammock swings in Margarita's garden...he got out the car, wiped his sweaty head with a hanky, cut the melon and rinse his hands in the stream.... in that order!!
Tempted? I think not!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:21:22 PM »
To be fair, €3 a donut is not a million miles away from being competitive with the pastries at your local Starbucks. And the hygiene is probably only marginally worse.  ;D

Offline Kernock

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 03:36:47 PM »
Fame at last for AG ( although even the author is calling the village SS!) In case anyone miseed it a write up entitled 'Fall under the spell of Corfu' - travel with the experts written by Marc Dubin on 20th August in the Telegraph.

Affordable
Nafsika Hotel 7/10 (score)
This cult beachfront family-run hotel, on the south end of the Corfiot northwest coast, seems like an Eighties Greek-resort time capsule, with basic rooms but superior welcome, a pool-cum-bar and an in-house restaurant. The service from Spyros, the manager, his parents and their entire staff is assiduous. The 15 basic rooms may be ripe for a makeover but are kept spotless, while Mama Theodora’s chip-free homestyle greek cooking attracts a considerable walk-in-trade.
Location: South end of San Stefanos on the northwest coast. Price: Doubles from £45. Details www.nafsikahotel.com

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:13 AM »
To be fair, €3 a donut is not a million miles away from being competitive with the pastries at your local Starbucks. And the hygiene is probably only marginally worse.  ;D
I'll avoid your local Starbucks then, nice and clean in my manor!

Offline stressed0506

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:28:57 PM »
Just to add to th ecomments on donut man... I was up th efar end of the beach on the day before yesterday and he simply put baskets down on beach, wandered out to sea a coupe of yards and the proceeded to pee into the sea! No handwashingg either! Needless to say I did not purchase any of his wares!

Offline dibully

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:38 PM »
I saw him do the exact same thing when we were there in June thought I was seeing things!

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 03:09:48 PM »
His usual trick is to give you lots of "free" fruit when all you wanted was a doughnut and then attempt to charge you 16 Euros.

It's a pity, because a good doughnut man on the beach is part of the fun, but I think the Mouzakitis family need to have words with him. AS is a rip-off-free zone, and his business practices are so appalling he really should be a banker.

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »
Has anybody honestly ever peed in the sea?

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 03:55:24 PM »
Possibly, but where's the evidence?

Offline sunshine

• SanStef Hero
  • 6th September. Staying at Jasmine pool bar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2011, 05:07:51 PM »
Arrived home friday after another fabulous 2 weeks at our favourate place SS. We stayed at the Barras this year which was great, it was spotlessly clean and plenty of room and George and family amazing, will be booking for next year in next few weeks. Met Denise and her husband for a drink really lovely couple. Ate most lunch times at Glens fabulous meals. Only been home 2 days and missing it like crazy can,t wait for next year

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni