Author Topic: Aquarius Bar  (Read 47391 times)

Gavlah1973

Re: Aquarius Bar
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:11 PM »
Just for your info Gav, the hotel we are staying at in Protaras Cyprus (Sunrise Beach Hotel) allocates one sun bed per person and it's yours for the duration of your holiday, and if your not keen on the spot chosen for you can swap to another area.  A tag with your room number is placed on the parasol and if anyone is on your sun beds when you come down in the morning (or any other time of day), simply kick them off!!!

What a great idea. I think the Brilliant is their sister hotel so I wonder why they dont do it there!? Gets great reviews apart from the sunbed situation. I've just bought a bumper pack of water bombs online so will deal with any sunbed hoggers in my own way!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 03:53:31 AM »
Gav - Please film it!! LOL
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Gavlah1973

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Dont worry there will be a war!! And I'll be victorious!!

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2011, 02:54:36 AM »
Go for it!!! LOL

Gavlah1973

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Just been reading the latest reviews on TA............someone reckons you wont get a lounger unless you're down at 7am at the latest!! Said it's full of families putting towels on beds then going to the beach till 3pm!! I just hope that as we dont go for another 2 weeks the kids will all be back at school and it will be quieter!

Offline Soulie

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
    • http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10732;0/st/20111113/e/1st+hol+to+San+Stef/dt/5/k/87d5/event.png[/img]
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 09:04:07 PM »
If I saw someone put towels on loungers and then clear off... I would take 2 loungers, put towels on floor and lay on lounger myself.  Cheeky bl..ders!  (not joking either)  If I knew they were going to be away all day, then thats their problem!  :D

Gavlah1973

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »
I once saw a classic.........

Hotel had policy that if anyone left their towels on beds unattended before 9am they removed them!
German guy turns up, 'saves' 2 beds at around 8.20am and goes to breakfast.

Pool boy turns up around 8.30am, removes German guys towels and takes them to the towel hut

English couple turn up around 8.40am and spot aforementioned (now empty) beds and  put their towels down and sit on them.

German guy returns around 9.15am and due to lack of common language thinks English guy has stolen his towels and beds!!!

Cue heated argument resulting in other holiday makers having to seperate them!

One of THE funniest things I've ever witnessed on hols!!!!!  :D

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 12:16:29 AM »
Did something similar in Dom Rep one year. We watched the beach loungers being booked. When they left to go for breakfast I ran down to the beach. I left the towels on the loungers but moved the 5 (five) loungers to different parts of the beach. Ran back to our balcony and then watched until they came back. Hilarious!!

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 12:35:11 AM »
I have heard of people putting the "reserved beds towels" in the pool. That would be funny
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline Sandra W

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 01:13:32 AM »
I have heard of people putting the "reserved beds towels" in the pool. That would be funny

You're letting Don's secrets out. So many times we've got back in the later early hours and he's put all the towels in the deep end.
Living the life: Loving the life: Dreaming of San Stef !

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 01:31:35 AM »
Serves em right for putting towels out and then not using the beds
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Gavlah1973

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 12:28:31 PM »
I'm seriously going to make a stand this year!! Reading on Trip Advisor it does seem a massive problem at these apartments. I usually get up around 8am on hols, if I get tired later then I just sleep on the sun lounger, but there's no way I'm getting up at 6.30am!!!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 02:35:16 PM »
Just do it.

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 03:48:16 AM »
Stand up - be counted for - GB!!

joan

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
It's happening on the beach in SS.We saw several  umbrellas and mats/bags unattended for a couple of hours on many occasions then the owners would saunter along plonk themselves down as if nothing was wrong.
 We were of the impression they were German.Not only that we had the same nationality bringing dogs down to the beach, (obviously didn't want to know that dogs are not allowed on Greek beaches) and making complete prats of themselves shouting and screaming throwing sticks for the dog running right up to where we were with it and just being generally iritating. Not only that did anyone notice the "Tribes" of Italians? They were in their hoards overtaking the beach I counted 18 in one group as they left. Noticibly absent in the village of an evening.Village nationals have commented that there are far more this year than ever and that they use the facilities but don't contribute to the economy.We all are of the opinion that as it's only a ferry ride away it's an ideal cheap holiday because of their own economies.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni