Author Topic: The end of the beach - what is that?  (Read 14418 times)

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
Re: The end of the beach - what is that?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2011, 11:59:34 AM »
There is a selection of properties available through San Stefano Travel that can accommodate larger groups. Here is the link and to enquire about any of the properties, follow the instructions on the web site. I hope this helps!
http://www.san-stefano.gr/accommodation.php

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2011, 01:11:33 PM »
Vagelis (ex Nafsika) has properties - in old part behind the Nafsika.  he has 1 bedroomed, 2, 3 and 4 bedroomed properties.

http://www.vagelisapartments.com

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2011, 02:16:50 PM »
Hi
When I was there this year I walked almost to the end of the beach (past the Havana bar) and found what looks like some ancient ruins in the hillside. It looked a bit like an old wall of some sort, lots of pottery stuck in it.
Does anyone know what that was? I was just curious...

Kath
Kath

I know the bricks you are talking about.  Thats normally where we 'park' ourselves on the beach and I noticed them last year.  I like you, would like to think they are old ruins but my husband (having been in the building trade) thinks they are probably footings from a building that's not particularly ancient.  Well done for being observant though!!

Karen

Offline Waspman

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
If you're referring to the concrete building halfway up the track from the beach to The Romanza, it's the recycling unit for the waste water from The Romanza Hotel.

If it's the small hut at the bottom of the same track (which has the word HYDRAGOGEON written on it), it's a water well/spring that supplies all the water for wc's showers sinks etc at The Romanza.

Both buildings are owned by The Romanza.

Offline Karen

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • Wish we were there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2011, 05:58:32 PM »
These are layers of bricks set into the cliff face just before you get to the private beach hut and not a building.    They seemed even more prominent this year, where the cliff has eroded some more I suppose.

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni