Author Topic: Travel Mastercard  (Read 5820 times)

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Travel Mastercard
« on: July 16, 2011, 05:47:37 PM »
Can anyone advise if they have used or have a Travel Mastercard they have used in Ag Stefanos, does the sytem work in resort and are there any other charges incurred.  Are they widely accepted in resort.  It is a prepaid card you top up instead of beinging travellers or cash with you.  Many thanks for any feedback positive/negative ...........

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Travel Mastercard
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:18:46 PM »
I'm sure Cerys will correct me if I'm wrong (assuming she can drag herself out of the sea) but I paid for trips in SS Travel with a prepaid Euro Mastercard, and the charge was 2%

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »
Thanks Jim, wil await Cerys feedback as well.  Does ayone know how widely they are available for use in other outlets in resort such as bars, restaurants etc, or is it just at travel shops for excursions, car hire etc?  Cheers  :)

Offline Cerys

• Global Moderator
  • SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 07:34:30 PM »
Hi all. Jimbo is correct, the cards are accepted in San Stefano Travel as a means of paying for trips etc. You cannot use the card to exchange money though (whether you can use it at an ATM I'm not sure) and there is a charge of 2% for using it. With regards to using the cards in restaurants I'm not sure but if they brandish the Mastercard logo i don't see why there would be a problem. If anyone visiting San Stef at the moment can enlighten that part of the scenario I think it would be helpful to many as more and more guests are asking about the pre paid cards.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 12:48:48 AM »
Thanks Cerys for your update and the information re useage for trips etc at San Stefanos Travel.
Yes the UK are promoting this service and I have had enquiries re useage in resort so if anyone knows or has had experiences of this service generally would be much apprecaited.

Thanks Lesley

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 03:45:31 AM »
is 2% good then??
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
I asked O Dimitris at Little Prince, and he said Yes they take them and No, he wouldn't dream of charging to use them.

I'll continue to ask at various places and report back!

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni