Author Topic: Eating Out 2011  (Read 20228 times)

don

Eating Out 2011
« on: July 12, 2011, 11:23:20 PM »
First meal was Giros at Tasty Corner at about 02.30am. Had we really gone a year without this delight? Welcome bite of supper.
Later that night ended up at Paradise. As always a brilliant welcome and equally good Lamb Kletiko. Had some variation in recipe before but filo pastry was a new take on a favourite dish. Only complaint is that they always give such huge portions.
Sunday saw us in the Little Prince as Sandra wanted her Sizzling Steak. Sorry Mike! I had Bom Bom Lamb. As always the meat fell apart and the roast potatoes were as usual delicious.
Monday saw us eat in Olympia. I tried Stifado there and now wonder why I'd never tried it there before. It was gorgeous and a definite must have again. Love this restaurent and was pleased to see it well packed out.
Tuesday was Ozzy Oils  barbecue night. Not a lover of this style of cooking but from the greek salad, through the fresh bread and finally the barbecue it was superb. To cap the night off we had Kerry serenading us. All in all a great night. Try it
Wednesday saw us in the older part of the village at the Nafsica. Only ate there once before andcould not comment on the meal as I was so under the weather. This year I was ok but nowhere near as good as the food. I started with Stuffed Sardines and a main of Sea Bream. Alright I'm biased. I love all seafood and this was upwith the very best that I've ever eaten. To cap it off what a gems the staff are there from boss to waiters and lady on the bar.
Thursday was a first. We tried Fantasea. Lovely restaurant and felt at home there. I tried the Moussaka. Tasted great but could have done with being hotter. In fairness will try it again. Superb views!
Friday was the least windy evening so far so ate at the Beachcomber. Outside tables there for first time in the week. I tried a new to the menu Beef Roulade. This was superb. Every time I eat there I think the last meal I ate there couldn't be topped. It CAN !
Saturday was back to the Little Prince and anothe Lamb Kleftiko. As always Dimitri and company served up a great meal. Never had a bad meal there. Love the place!
Sunday found us venturing th the Barras. We've stayed there so often we feel we must eat there. After the Moussaka at Fantasea the one I had here was a revelation. As always a great welcome from George and his sons. Love the wine too!
Monday found us at the Little Prince again as we wanted to catch up with Andy and Gill. I was back to seafood and had a beautifully cooked Sea Bass. I must do something about this fixation over lamb and fish. Realised I did eat beef one night.
Tuesday saw us back at Olympia for my personal favourite of an evening. A Meze made up of startes, crusty bread and a bowl full of "real" chips. Our table was filled with plates of stuffed mushrooms, spring rolls, fish cakes(try them),spetsofai, loaded potato skins and meatballs. All washed down with a litre of dry white!
Wednesday saw us back at Ozzy Oils with Jude and Steve. I had the dauphanise potatoes and a beautifully cooked Salmon fillet. Another good night with superb company.
Thursday and our last night. Sizzling Steak has to end the holiday for Sandra so it was back to the Little Prince. Haven't the foggiest what I had but I do recall a litre of dry white.

AS ever we came home having some great food, superb service and fantastic company. Then we realised the places we enjoy and somehow missed off our agenda. Probably means we'll have to go back again!

Happy eating!

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
Re: Eating Out 2011
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 11:56:15 PM »
great report, thank you Don

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:10:46 AM »
Thanks for all thet Don -My mouth is watering at the thought of it all. 7 weeks on Friday until we go
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 02:44:47 AM »
Shame you didn't get to Mythica and Sunset as well, just not enough days in a holiday!!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

Offline Jimbo

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 07:52:21 AM »
Excellent report!

We had huge bowls of mussels with garlic bread last night at Beachcomber, watching the sun set over Othoni with bottle of delicious chilled house wine. Perfection - just what we wanted - the weather is extremely hot here - mid to upper thirties - so light food is a must for us. It's 6:45 in the morning and it's already 23 !!!!!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 04:40:24 PM »
Beachcombers opened today for light lunches which is a perfect place to spend an afternoon with a chilled beer/wine and a quality lunch......

Offline Denise

• SanStef Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 05:51:30 PM »
Ooooh I can't wait, it all sounds so fantastic. I love food.

Offline claret and blue

• SanStef Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 06:52:40 PM »
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!! missing it already...... ;D

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 12:06:35 AM »
shush you lot - I can't bear it - I want to go so much. >:(

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
Brilliant Don. 36 hrs to go for us. In two weeks time I'll be a stone heavier  :o

Offline Jules

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 12:07:03 AM »
I feel a stone heavier reading Don's review lol!!!!!!
Join us on Facebook on Agios Stefanos  (San Stefanos) North West Corfu Holiday Group

Offline debra

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 12:09:15 AM »
SHUUUUUUSH!  have pity on those of us who are not able to go and partake ;) :o

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 11:35:03 PM »
Two Stars
Paradise
Little Prince
Mythica
Mistral (??)
Ozzy Oils
Olympia

Not a bad meal at any of them, some better than others and I have to agree the kleftico at Paradise was fantastic.  Anyway, washed down with a couple of bottles of retsina they all tasted great! ;D

Sue and Richard
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline purpletigger

• SanStef Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2011, 01:52:07 AM »
Can't beat Little Prince or Yiannis (opposite Mythica) for me!!!  9 weeks and I can't wait!!!! :)

Offline tonyco1

• SanStef SUPER HERO
  • TonyC - Ag.Stefanos FB San Stefanos Holiday Group
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 03:53:27 AM »
Looks like Don was on a diet!
Happy Days in Agios Stefanos, Avliotes, Corfu!! TonyCo1

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni