Author Topic: Mythos Apartments - anyone stayed there this year?  (Read 20172 times)

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
Re: Mythos Apartments - anyone stayed there this year?
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
Meg, the new top section of the studio apartments is not yet finished but they are not working on them at the moment.  Doesn't look a lot different from last year except the roof is squared off, instead of rounded.

To answer the query about where Thos Cook are sending their overbookings from Mythos, when we were there a couple had been put in accommodation in Arillas which they did not like, I'm not sure exactly where they ended up after complaining!

Sue
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline loftyscot

• SanStef FANATIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
Meg, we passed them on Mon and spoke to a couple who were staying there. Everything is 'cooshtie' apparently. They were having a great holiday.

Offline Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 04:32:42 PM »
Hi All. Returned a short while ago from our holiday in the Mythos. Our fear over the overbooking did not materialise and we got our accomodation as booked. Had reservations about posting this report, because we loved the accomodation so much last year. Unfortunately, and this is our opinion only, we did not enjoy it as much this year. We found the housekeeping to be sadly lacking, and the gardens etc had an air of neglect. Badly needed the grass cut. The other guests as last year were lovely people, and we thoroughly enjoyed our chats and laughs around the pool. It still has the feeling of a large villa, never overcrowded, but the pool although cleaned by "grandad" every morning had that greasy feel to the water and sides and it looked murky compared to a lot of the pools around the resort that we saw. Mythos still has a lot of advantages, but sadly the disadvantages outweighed the advantages for us for another booking.

We enjoyed San Stef and if we had returned we would have most probably gone to the Kapetanious, of which we spent a day at their pool and thought the whole complex was beautiful, the staff were friendly and accommodating and it was so clean.  As last year we walked to Arillas, and this time we had a good look around and on returning home, compared the prices for the Kapetanious and Arillas.  We did love the look and feel of Arillas, and therefore because we got a brilliant price for the Mirage and used our £50 TC voucher, have just booked it.  The owners kindly showed us around one of their studios, answered any queries we had in a most friendly manner, and on chatting to some guests who had nothing but praise for the complex, we are really looking forward to next year, but will certainly be walking around to San Stef a few times.

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »
Is there an email address for them perhaps the owners should be infomed of the feedback directly.  I passed there today but the rain had rubbed off the email address, yep we had 4 ins earlier of rain today in Ag Stefanos.

Offline Dave Short

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 08:05:15 PM »
Everyone who stayed there over the last two seasons had nothing but praise - it's most unlikely to have changed from that!
Stayed there in August 2011 ( This year) found the studio modern and Spacious, good pool, nice family who live on site, quiet location next to the Rose Garden. The Mythos has no bar, but the Rose Garden has !!
Enjoyed our stay there, in fact I have booked it again for May 2012. The walk into San Stef is only 10 mins and a good stop off on the way there and back is the 3Ws bar.

Offline sooz

• SanStef Regular
  • X
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
Meg, I've only just read your post from September about the condition of Mythos this year and I think you've hit the nail on the head.  At the beginning of July we had to ask Dimitri (Grandad) to cut the grass near our studio as it was at least 8 - 9 inches high and I didn't like walking through it with bare feet (a small bottle of ouzo sealed the deal!).  Could not fault the cleanliness of the studio we were in but the pool was not great.  Although it was actually cleaner than in 2010 because the pump was on more often it still left a lot to be desired. 

We got the feeling that they were trying to cut corners to save costs, especially with electricity and it was a little off-putting (and some of the guests staying at the same time as us got quite upset) to have Dimitri going round telling off people for leaving lights on when not necessary.

Having said the above, the apartments are still possibly the best I have ever stayed in in Greece and the shower is to die for!  However, we have decided not to return there in 2012 and will be returning to St George South instead.  I really hope they get these little problems sorted out because it's a fantastic set of apartments which I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone!

Sue

Perhaps someone who knows the owners could tell
CORFU - I CAME, I SAW - IT CONQUERED!

Offline Lesley

• SanStef SUPER HERO
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 08:45:15 PM »
I now have their email address so you could either contact Thomas Cook directly or via their Corfu office or contact the owners directlly on  : info@mythosapts-gr or email by pm and I will forward onto them.....All feedback is good.......

San Stefanos

Where to eat Cafés and Bars Holiday Info Tourist info

Local Walks

Walk to Arillas Walk to AG Georgios Walk to Afionas Walk to Porto Timoni